Greenhorn Wand | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Greenhorn Wand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Richards

Apr 19, 2008
Michigan
Ordered a 14" GH wand with 5 11002 jets and got it Saturday. Used it today for the time and must say I was pretty impressed. Give me a week or so to get aquainted with it and I'll post a better review w/pics, etc.

********* This thread was closed due to controversy and the manufacturers stating incorrect data. The CMP wand is a good wand but it is not in the class of the TMF modified wand/Ti wand or the quad. . Please see our store if you want a CMP, TMF modified/ Ti or a Quad. We also have any other wand you might need too. Wands are best if matched to your machine. To get the right fit for you call Rob Allen @ 1-757-486-3532. (SEE PIC BELOW)/COLOR]

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

Lance Golden

Jun 20, 2008
Phoenix,Az
gtcwc.com
Real Name
Lance Golden
Business Location
United States
Ordered a 14" Greenhorn wand with 5 11002 jets from Jeff at greenglides(aka Greenie) and got it Saturday. Used it today for the first time and must say I was pretty impressed. Give me a week or so to get aquainted with it and I'll post a better review w/pics, etc.
what # blower does your machine have??? I would think a 10 flow is pretty easily recovered... I know a guy here that runs a 36... thats right a 36 flow!!!!

James Cooper

Premium VIP
Jun 22, 2008
Brunswick, Georgia
www.jnccarpetsystems.com
Real Name
James Cooper
Business Location
United States
the cmp 14 inch wand is a very nice wand . I have 2 of them.
One is what is referred to as the greenhorn - it has a different manifold and a hanger bar that angles the jets directly at the glide ( actually can be adjusted to sheer the glide or hit directly behind it . The end result being the wand immediately picks up any flow from the wand .

With the larger jets and the advice to crank up the pressure , you will use HUGE amounts of water , which will result in waste tanks filling rapidly and any fresh water tanks being used emptied rather quickly.

I personally could not distinguish any noticeable difference between the cmp wand and the modified wand called the greenhorn .

The biggest difference is I paid less than 350.00 for the cmp .

cmaster

Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Ordered a 14" Greenhorn wand with 5 11002 jets from Jeff at greenglides(aka Greenie) and got it Saturday. Used it today for the first time and must say I was pretty impressed. Give me a week or so to get aquainted with it and I'll post a better review w/pics, etc.
We found that the 02 jets got obstructed with tiny bits of sand too often, so we switched to 03's. Much better. You will use a fair bit of water, but the recovery is excellent.

James Cooper

Premium VIP
Jun 22, 2008
Brunswick, Georgia
www.jnccarpetsystems.com
Real Name
James Cooper
Business Location
United States
recovery will be great - the jets are aimed towards the glide. The real question is is this increased flow and recovery show any noticable improvement in cleaning and production time . My testing has shown no improvement over a similar ( same basic cmp wand with glide )wand .

James

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
If you call Rob Allen (1-757-486-3532) and have him set it up for your machine you will have the best wand out there.....What some do not understand is that it is all about performance....

So they may think they are testing correct and know what they are talking about ..it all starts at you equipment and then you work it toward you tools....

If you are real serious about your tools and there performance....then set it up for your equipment.....

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
your not really comparing apples to apples.....

My Ti wand is all tricked out and set up for flow and recovery for a 68 blower....

If I was to grab a pro chem wand off the shelf and put it to the test against my Ti wand who would win...

Or what if I was to use a wand that is set up for high flow and a 68 blower and hooked it to a machine that has a 48 blower...

Once again not a fair test...

water usage should be the absolute last thing anyone should worry about...how you use your water usage and how you wand recovers it is what is important...

dependability in your tools and set up for the right performance will take you further....

James Cooper

Premium VIP
Jun 22, 2008
Brunswick, Georgia
www.jnccarpetsystems.com
Real Name
James Cooper
Business Location
United States
not really Jim . If I can clean identical areas with 2 wands ( lets say a greenhorn set up for high flow and an identical platfom cmp wand set up at a conventional rate of flow ) and get the same results useing LESS water , perhaps what some are spreading as gospel is merely the result of their own personal opinions and NOT scientific fact .

Testing protocol is what everyone was up in arms about with the SOA program , but we are supposed to beleive opinions as fact ?? Once again , side by side comparisons with visual comparisions afterward - no one could tell the difference WHATSOEVER .

James Cooper

Premium VIP
Jun 22, 2008
Brunswick, Georgia
www.jnccarpetsystems.com
Real Name
James Cooper
Business Location
United States
Actually Nick , I think maybe they were referring to the glide as part of the greenhorn package - the logic being that a glided cmp wand will flow more air perhaps ???

Anyway , and maybe this is discussion for another thread - by continueing to sell the Greenhorn wand that includes a glide by Greenglides ( in the face of an existing injuction prohibiting any glide sells ) , does this potentially hurt the efforts of others in the battle for defeating HRI's patent claim ???

James Cooper

Premium VIP
Jun 22, 2008
Brunswick, Georgia
www.jnccarpetsystems.com
Real Name
James Cooper
Business Location
United States
Thats right Jim , it is about performance - just about a wand - not about good customer service , or if I like the folks selling the wand , etc.

The problem with these boards is hype. The reality is that the greenhorn wand , which I own , and the cmp wand are the same wand with the exception of a different manifold and a manifold hanger that changes the angle of the higher flowing jets .

I gave a testamonial months ago on the wand and declared it a nice wand but I could not in good conscious say it cleaned any better than an unmodified one. Especially when I tested both side by side .

I'm not saying your wrong and its not a nice wand , I'm saying the glided cmp for several hundreds less is just as good , with or without high flow jets .

Now what would be a nice mod for this wand is an adjustable angled hanger so you could have it hit the glide when the carpets are cleaner and less angle when you wand more jet aggitation.

Jim , sometimes you have to get beyond the friendship and hype and let common sense come through .

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Apparently you don't keep up with to many of my post...When it comes to my company I am loyal to no one...I want the best I can get....If I have to pay a little more for comfort..
performance..and longevity of a tool..and not have to worry down the line...I'll pay it..Every one knows that you will get way more out of this wand then any out there...Testing is not all 100% about cleaning...

On the same side of the coin...if I have gotten something and it is a POS ....I don't care who's barn it came out of I am always the first to warn everyone and let them know...This industry will steal you blind if you are not careful....

Status
Not open for further replies.