Green Cleaning Prespray

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Good afternoon all,

I'm, trying to find a good "green" or "eco-friendly" prespray that actually works. I've tried a few that get less than passable results and was hoping the pros here would have some better suggestions. A little background, for the past year I worked for a franchise of Zerorez, with another 5 years before that at a reputable family business. The franchise shut down but the owner of the franchise decided to go into business on the side and keep me on to run it. Since I no longer have the Zerorez equipment (in case you ever wondered its a stripped down 4.8 cds with a different pump) I'm going to be switching to a different TM. We want to keep all our old commercial clients, but I need something to offer the ones who only used us for the eco-friendly aspect.

Thanks for the help

DC

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
What's your definition of "green"? What I've learned is it can mean many things. Like green for the environment or humans. Hypoallergenic, no voc's, made with only natural products? Very few products in our industry actually have the Green Seal Approval. If I were you I would check out Bridgepoints line of products. They have a number of rinses and presprays that are green. Also Procyon is another big one and TMF has a great product as well. Hope this helps and can put you on the right path!

Reactions: george8585

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Green products are pretty weak. They never worked for me .

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I like the trashed green. I have only tried it in the liquid form. How does the gel hold up over time. Does it separate? How is it for freeze thaw? Thanks.
It works
Never tried it on nasty carpet but it's not made for nasty carpet
I don't know about freeze/thaw.
4 oz in a 8-1 in-line type sprayer is all you need.
I mostly just poured it out into measuring cup rather than using pump, especially
when using 4 oz. 4 pumps equals 1/2 oz.
Heat affects peroxide so best kept out of hot van. Just take what you need for the day during summer. Heat can affect performance and smell of peroxide.
Good price at $39 and goes far for that price
No problems with gel

Hallsy86

Oct 19, 2015
Real Name
Eric Hall
Give Carpet Details a try. Green as it gets and cleans great.

Hallsy86

Oct 19, 2015
Real Name
Eric Hall
I've only used it for carpets, both HWE and VLM. Works really well. My uncle has used it for at least 10+ years for everything and won't use anything else. He doesn't even have another prespray in his van, just Carpet Details and a couple different spotters.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I've only used it for carpets, both HWE and VLM. Works really well. My uncle has used it for at least 10+ years for everything and won't use anything else. He doesn't even have another prespray in his van, just Carpet Details and a couple different spotters.
Thanks for the help! If I can find a good one maybe I'll just stick with all green cleaning.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
We have 40 formulas which meet our "Green Balance" manufacturing standard in the micro. However, we have many formulas not green in the bottle, but are above 99% green in the ready to use solution once diluted in water. Remember customers want carpet restored primarily, and want environmentally green solutions secondarily. Throwing out carpet is not a green result, but using a pre-spray 99% green in ready to use solution that restores carpet is a "green" result. The choice to throw out carpet versus using a few gallons of pre-spray not quite green is an easy decision in the macro (big picture).

Reactions: J20770 and Mama Fen

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
To add to what Tom says, a lot of things go into whether a cleaning is "green" or not.

Do you have to run your TM longer? That uses more gas and emits more exhaust.

Do you have to rinse more? You're using more water.

Do you have to agitate longer? If you're using a rotary or powered wand, you're using more electricity.

Are you processing waste water responsibly, rather than just dumping it in the customer's yard? Then what's IN the water cannot have any environmental impact, since it's never contacting the environment.

How loud is your equipment? dB levels, power draw, and potential fossil fuel consumption all all factors that corporations look at when selecting a LEED-certified cleaning company.

A product can be quite noxious when fully concentrated, but if you're only using 4-6 ounces to a few gallons of water, and rinsing thoroughly when done, then the dilution plus removal means there's very little chemical left to affect the customer. You might gag and vomit if asked to drink 2 ounces of lemon juice straight, but two ounces of lemon juice in a gallon of water makes a very pleasant tonic.