Great Job Rob!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The new TM sounds exciting, I can't wait to see it in action. Pressure washing, true dual wand carpet and upholstery cleaning + tile and grout on one rig, all while staying quiet like a gentle giant.

I just started designing my last TM going the other way, a silent nano sized TM to fit in a Transit Connect type van.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The new TM sounds exciting, I can't wait to see it in action. Pressure washing, true dual wand carpet and upholstery cleaning + tile and grout on one rig, all while staying quiet like a gentle giant.

I just started designing my last TM going the other way, a silent nano sized TM to fit in a Transit Connect type van.
I want one Jim. Actually I want one on each end of the spectrum. Beast and ultra small.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Personally, I think testing should last an entire year. See if that much power prematurely wears out parts, such as blower motor, solution line, seals,etc.

Of course then there's the marketability study. What price can I mass produce and sell this for, including replacement parts and/or service. If the biggest selling point is 20 minute dry times it's still not going to be worth more than about $20k to me.

Only because, the average client doesn't care THAT MUCH about dry times. Now they do care, just not a great deal. I know from my own three year program. We offer two different services. Standard residential dry time "average about 5-6 hours" or they can pay a extra fee of $10-$15 per room and get 2 hour dry times. Most of my clients go with standard. I probably pick up 1 quick dry a month. So with that being said, it's probably not going to be a marketing benefit to pay a great deal extra for that kind of machine. Sure from the cleaner's standpoint that's great.

How easy is this machine to service or work on in the field. Is it built like a tank or can one small piece take the whole unit offline. Where does the heat come from . Heat exchanger or propane or kerosene or diesel. What brand is the motor. Is it belt driven, or coupler.
I kindly disagree. Majority of the clients (99%) display their concern about drying time. The question is, are they willing to pay for it? Perhaps not....

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
I kindly disagree. Majority of the clients (99%) display their concern about drying time. The question is, are they willing to pay for it? Perhaps not....
Perhaps every market is different. Around here these folks are used to Stanley and the other big guys leaving it wet for 24 hours. Whereas I only leave it wet for 5 hours

Reactions: Qwikdry