Great Job Rob!

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
Just saw your video! OMG you have taken cleaning to a new level! My boss will never buy one
But having a machine with that much pick up with high flow potential will be a game changer.

Reactions: Prime and admin

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
So your carpets are drying faster then VLM? Should there be a new category of cleaning for that?

@RobAllen
I’m still in the testing phase but so far it’s freaky good.

Reactions: ratfool

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Just saw your video! OMG you have taken cleaning to a new level! My boss will never buy one
But having a machine with that much pick up with high flow potential will be a game changer.
Thank you. When it comes to carpet cleaning I’m almost obsessed with improvement.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Personally, I think testing should last an entire year. See if that much power prematurely wears out parts, such as blower motor, solution line, seals,etc.

Of course then there's the marketability study. What price can I mass produce and sell this for, including replacement parts and/or service. If the biggest selling point is 20 minute dry times it's still not going to be worth more than about $20k to me.

Only because, the average client doesn't care THAT MUCH about dry times. Now they do care, just not a great deal. I know from my own three year program. We offer two different services. Standard residential dry time "average about 5-6 hours" or they can pay a extra fee of $10-$15 per room and get 2 hour dry times. Most of my clients go with standard. I probably pick up 1 quick dry a month. So with that being said, it's probably not going to be a marketing benefit to pay a great deal extra for that kind of machine. Sure from the cleaner's standpoint that's great.

How easy is this machine to service or work on in the field. Is it built like a tank or can one small piece take the whole unit offline. Where does the heat come from . Heat exchanger or propane or kerosene or diesel. What brand is the motor. Is it belt driven, or coupler.

Reactions: Kyle8

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Well lets see...
2.5" hose to 2" leader to 2" wand with 1 pullback stroke on dry carpet.

I wouldn't expect it to have much moisture left because it has had no time to absorb into the fiber.

Lets see results of a soiled carpet fully preconditioned with dwell time and actually cleaned in real world conditions.

Reactions: ratfool

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Personally, I think testing should last an entire year. See if that much power prematurely wears out parts, such as blower motor, solution line, seals,etc.

Of course then there's the marketability study. What price can I mass produce and sell this for, including replacement parts and/or service. If the biggest selling point is 20 minute dry times it's still not going to be worth more than about $20k to me.

Only because, the average client doesn't care THAT MUCH about dry times. Now they do care, just not a great deal. I know from my own three year program. We offer two different services. Standard residential dry time "average about 5-6 hours" or they can pay a extra fee of $10-$15 per room and get 2 hour dry times. Most of my clients go with standard. I probably pick up 1 quick dry a month. So with that being said, it's probably not going to be a marketing benefit to pay a great deal extra for that kind of machine. Sure from the cleaner's standpoint that's great.

How easy is this machine to service or work on in the field. Is it built like a tank or can one small piece take the whole unit offline. Where does the heat come from . Heat exchanger or propane or kerosene or diesel. What brand is the motor. Is it belt driven, or coupler.
I think dry time is important to customers but not important enough to pay extra for. We average 4 hour dry time without utilizing drying fans, I know we could cut that in half if we tried.

Reactions: Prime

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
I think dry time is important to customers but not important enough to pay extra for. We average 4 hour dry time without utilizing drying fans, I know we could cut that in half if we tried.
Exactly. And to justify the extra cost of this machine, that I just know will be there, we'd have to raise our prices for fast dry times and I know they won't hear that

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Exactly. And to justify the extra cost of this machine, that I just know will be there, we'd have to raise our prices for fast dry times and I know they won't hear that
Dont get me wrong- if a customer had to choose between 12-24 hour dry time or 4-6 hour dry time they would chose the 4-6 and pay a little extra. They might be willing to pay $40-60 more for the job because the level of professionalism and all around results will probably be higher but if it is just a drying fee they might pass on it.

Reactions: Prime and Kyle8

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Dont get me wrong- if a customer had to choose between 12-24 hour dry time or 4-6 hour dry time they would chose the 4-6 and pay a little extra. They might be willing to pay $40-60 more for the job because the level of professionalism and all around results will probably be higher but if it is just a drying fee they might pass on it.
Thing is we already get 4-6 hour as standard. If I use my fast dry technique I can literally get 2 hours. But robs machine if correct would be less than a hour. I just know that most of our clients don't care a huge amount about that as long as it doesn't take 12 hours. I get that as cleaners we're like, that's great....but not great enough for me to want to pay extra for that equipment.

But really most importantly, this thing needs at least a year of everyday multiple jobs a day being tested to see how durable it is. What hiccups arise.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Well lets see...
2.5" hose to 2" leader to 2" wand with 1 pullback stroke on dry carpet.

I wouldn't expect it to have much moisture left because it has had no time to absorb into the fiber.

Lets see results of a soiled carpet fully preconditioned with dwell time and actually cleaned in real world conditions.
No 2.5 and I did have Cheater hose

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
My question is this “ besides dry time, wouldn’t that much suction decrease work hours spent on the job?” although I’ll never see one, the idea of the ability to do high flow extraction on rat nasty carpets with very low dry, and less drying passes with the wand sounds like a time saver.
My other question is “would it take care of wetting issues I have read about the rotovac ?

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
We started using fans on jobs about 3 years ago, you can cut down dry times in half with just the little amount of time the fans are running while we are there. I do a room put a fan on it, I carry three fans in and when I get to the fourth room I put the fan from the first room there.. when I get to the living room all fans go there until I leave and I pull them out after getting paid.
Empty houses I don't put any fans on them unless the owner or realtor is there to see it..

@Mama Fen has the mini's which we use in residential houses.
I need to order 4 more
Benefits? More referrals from the jobs where I used fans to dry...

To me it sets you above the crowd of carpet cleaners when you employ fans to cut down on dry times

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
We started using fans on jobs about 3 years ago, you can cut down dry times in half with just the little amount of time the fans are running while we are there. I do a room put a fan on it, I carry three fans in and when I get to the fourth room I put the fan from the first room there.. when I get to the living room all fans go there until I leave and I pull them out after getting paid.
Empty houses I don't put any fans on them unless the owner or realtor is there to see it..

@Mama Fen has the mini's which we use in residential houses.
I need to order 4 more
Benefits? More referrals from the jobs where I used fans to dry...

To me it sets you above the crowd of carpet cleaners when you employ fans to cut down on dry times
I have 5 of these, available at Lowes, for some reason I stopped using them on carpet jobs and only use them on tile jobs
https://www.lowes.com/pd/XPOWER-12-8-in-3-Speed-Air-Mover-Fan/50283343