Grease build up on restaurant carpet advise

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Hello all,

I got a call to look at this restaurant carpet with lots of grease build up. Its one of the worst i've seen .. the previous owner never had them cleaned... in total the area spans about 400 sft. (65 seat restaurant) normally, for this space i would charge around 250cad... (night cleaning .. moving tables).. but for this im thinking it would have to be at least double.. i may even just suggest to replace the carpet. What do you all think?
ed6ee5cb87d1605ef412f754f0a7576b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using TMF Forums mobile app

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
You are going to need massive agitation after prespray dwell. Swing machine with a brush or 360i with brush.
This is why I like fuel fired heaters. Constant 230 degrees and high flow at the tool without no signs of let up. Like a hot knife going through butter. I used an RX20 one time and it never even phased it. Pulled out the 360i with brush and it was like night and day :).

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
thanks Rob lol,, looks like a easy peasy job,,,, Blue degreaser,, Rubbing alcohol,, Citrus or delimolene and then scrub with a blue scrub pad, it will rip right thru it where the brush will take a lot longer,,,, Since its a restaurant it should have hot hot water,,, Rinse with flex ice or fill the extractor with hot water and add a bottle of rubbing alcohol for the rinse...

Looks like a simple job to me ,,, 400 sq feet what are you charging them?

Reactions: Evan Papageorge

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Hello all,

I got a call to look at this restaurant carpet with lots of grease build up. Its one of the worst i've seen .. the previous owner never had them cleaned... in total the area spans about 400 sft. (65 seat restaurant) normally, for this space i would charge around 250cad... (night cleaning .. moving tables).. but for this im thinking it would have to be at least double.. i may even just suggest to replace the carpet. What do you all think?
ed6ee5cb87d1605ef412f754f0a7576b.jpg

read my post above this one,, looks like an easy 250 for an hours work....

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
Here is a video I made a few months ago on this subject. Audio is not that great but you will get the point.
I started with a porty with no heat so I had to learn quick how to use the other pieces of the cleaning pie. I am using my small 175 in this video. I would normally have my 17 inch with me and a red pad.
I only have about four scoops of kleenrite Klenz in a five gallon bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Shawn Abbey

Nov 20, 2008
Oregon
Real Name
Shawn Abbey
Been there many times...

First, prespray with Prochem powerboats (make sure its HOT!) let dwell.
Second, apply Prochem/Matrix Olefin Pre-Conditioner and clean all edges (if its Nylon, then use Ultrapac Renovate).
Third, If you have a 175, now is a good time to scrub.
Fourth, extract with your extraction system using CTi's Extreme Clean.
Fifth, sour with All Fiber Rinse.

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Here is a video I made a few months ago on this subject. Audio is not that great but you will get the point.
I started with a porty with no heat so I had to learn quick how to use the other pieces of the cleaning pie. I am using my small 175 in this video. I would normally have my 17 inch with me and a red pad.
I only have about four scoops of kleenrite Klenz in a five gallon bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Thank you Barry! And neat video!

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
read my post above this one,, looks like an easy 250 for an hours work....
Thank you for your advice! There are about 20 tables and chairs that have to be moved so i figure it will take closer to 3 hours with the portable.. 500 was the confirmed price. I dont own a pad cleaner/agitator but will be using a 360i rotovac at 200psi and a brush and scraper to agitate if need be. My go to pre sprays flex and attack .. ill see which works better.. and powerburst cleaner.

I have no experience using alcohol with water as a rinse.. although it does seem interesting. It probably helps to kick through the grease?

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Why no truckmount is it a highrise??
It is located at a very awkward corner in the big city... job will start at 10pm... our truckmount isnt direct drive and runs on a loud 28hp kohler which is loud AF ( dont want to disturb the peace). also, we would be blocking a private parking lot or have to hose through a busy sidewalk... it sucks to be using the portable as its not as fast or convenient... but it is a restautant with hot water and with the right products and with the rotovac, we are confident we can make the carpet look much better.