Gotta buy a new truckmount

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
My mechanic tells me the problems don't end with the 870, too much heat even if you dont want it and the motor is not great but the 570 is probably the best machine out there, I wish I got that instead of my SS2500

Reactions: B14

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
My mechanic tells me the problems don't end with the 870, too much heat even if you dont want it and the motor is not great but the 570 is probably the best machine out there, I wish I got that instead of my SS2500
I don't think the 870 has many engine issues now that they switched to the 1.6L hyaundai. Same engine as the Everest btw.
870 used to use a 1.4L Ford engine

Reactions: SRD

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Alright so many of you have seen my "bad day guys" thread....
I have my guy looking for a mid roof transit with the Ecoboost should have an answer monday
Recently bought 2 titan 575's (just finished installs the night before the punisher truck got totaled)so far their good machines but they leave me wanting more cause that's just my personality type.

Guys it's a toss up between a everest 650 or a SS570 seem to be the baddest 2 offered from a manufacturer. I want a fire breathing beast I hate being limited in anything I do. I know the vacuum on both of these are incredible my concern is the water temps will they keep up with say a 12 flow running non stop?

Would love to hear from some owners of the 2 machines.....and please don't derail my thread with (you don't need all that power and heat comments)
I used 650 for for many years (4-5 jobs daily). The only way to describe it : constant heat, pressure and suction, no exception. Still remember numerous burn marks caused by 250* and up temperatures. I was using Titanium Ergo 6 jet, 9502 jets. Easy to maintain, relatively easy excess to all components. Plenty of suction and heat with a dual wand operation. Sorry, I have never used SS570, so can't compare. I'm not familiar with mid roof Transit, but Everest 650 is not only beast, but is heavy beast also. So choose your van accordingly.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States

If it's when they ran the ford tsg416 those motors run hot as hell on the exhaust side the one I had on the punisher build the exhaust glowed cherry red and it was piped with little to no restriction

Reactions: waxman

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
What's wrong with the SS? I was thinking of buying a used one..

It's a good machine, really outstanding heat and good vacuum but I've never needed all the pressure. I've had 2 electrical issues, one that left me stranded but it was caused by Jon Dons install and I think the second was probably a result of the first issue. I have 700 hours and it runs and looks like a new machine. If it's a good used one I would buy it, the components are second to none in SS machines but I think they can have some bugs, once you get them sorted out they should perform great.
Why is the guy selling the 2500?

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Since you want a monster. I would tell you to take a look at Steam Action. They have everything stainless steel. Seen in a video they choke down the blower on the diesel powered one. Don't know if they are doing that to all of their machines or not? Don't know if you can request for no choking? Why not let that sucker breath! I don't think they are capturing heat off the blower. Wandering minds want to know why? :)

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Since you want a monster. I would tell you to take a look at Steam Action. They have everything stainless steel. Seen in a video they choke down the blower on the diesel powered one. Don't know if they are doing that to all of their machines or not? Don't know if you can request for no choking? Why not let that sucker breath! I don't think they are capturing heat off the blower. Wandering minds want to know why? :)

I actually thought about that I really like alot of what john sales does with his machines.....but there's alot I don't like also.....love the thought of having a cat diesel for a power plant but I really don't like the way his stuffs put together....my black widow build was a steam action machine when we were disassembling the unit for rebuild alot of things just made me say WTF WHY?

Reactions: JD5150

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
The ford fiesta ST are dropping coil paks , same family of motors .
V twin suck with oil leaks and valve adjustments at 200 hours .
My 24 onan has never needed anything for over 6k hrs .my second motor is almost 8k and running perfect .

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
After talking to several 650 owners think I'm leaning hard towards it.....haven't heard much from 870 guys o_O
Don't know much about the Everest. According to this video the SS870 will hold around 180 degrees at 1000 to 1200 psi using around 4 GPM with two hard surface spinners at the same time. Wonder what the Everest will do at the same GPM and psi?