Got to meet Brent Norman today and share toys :)

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Brent Norman lives about 1.5 hours away. Was about half hour away from his home town cleaning for a friend in a new home and invited him over to try all the toys and talk shop. Beers and Burgers after are always fun too.

Great guy. Had a chance for him to try our Butler High Heat units and 2.5 inch hose, Prochem Titanium pimped out wands, Zipper wands, stair tools....just a lot of fun to be able to share great company as well.

So here are some pics and videos with Brent.

Fun times!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
You aren't kidding! I got back in my van and started calling my TM bad names! :)
Why would you do that? Now she is going to break down on you tomorrow and laugh at you. Every morning I drive past a car lot and they have a nice shiny white cargo van that I want to stop and look at but I know if I do my van will crap out on me within a week just for revenge :(

Reactions: brentnorman

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
As Brent and I were talking....well about a lot of things...LOL...

I really feel you need a good wand first, because it is what you need to really start well in the business.....

Then make money to afford the Zipper...and....

There are just times you will be using a wand vs a Zipper...

The Zipper does leave things drier than a wand, but also, we really didn't have trashed carpets that Brent could get a chance to see the full potential and cleaning ability of the zipper....but, when he get's that next rat nasty, I want him to get ahold of me so we can bring all the toys to that job for him to use and play with again!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the poo...I mean Blue!" Right Brent?!

PS: Brent has a video of me cleaning dog poo off the sidewalks at this place...that the inside joke could say....

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
As Brent and I were talking....well about a lot of things...LOL...

I really feel you need a good wand first, because it is what you need to really start well in the business.....

Then make money to afford the Zipper...and....

There are just times you will be using a wand vs a Zipper...

The Zipper does leave things drier than a wand, but also, we really didn't have trashed carpets that Brent could get a chance to see the full potential and cleaning ability of the zipper....but, when he get's that next rat nasty, I want him to get ahold of me so we can bring all the toys to that job for him to use and play with again!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the poo...I mean Blue!" Right Brent?!

PS: Brent has a video of me cleaning dog poo off the sidewalks at this place...that the inside joke could say....
Hey Mark, I don't mean to break off the subject a little, but, don't you need a solid, bigger truck mount to supply the heat for the zipper? Doesn't Brent have a chemtex? If so, it's hard to believe that it can keep up the heat on the amount of water that would come out of that zipper like your Butler can. I agree with you fully on having a good wand. But on your statement, "Then make money to afford the Zipper", It makes sense to make sure the truck mount will back the zipper up, before making the zipper investment.

It's great to see Brent having fun on that toy

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Mark, I don't mean to break off the subject a little, but, don't you need a solid, bigger truck mount to supply the heat for the zipper? Doesn't Brent have a chemtex? If so, it's hard to believe that it can keep up the heat on the amount of water that would come out of that zipper like your Butler can. I agree with you fully on having a good wand. But on your statement, "Then make money to afford the Zipper", It makes sense to make sure the truck mount will back the zipper up, before making the zipper investment.

Actually with a smaller zipper and running the same flow as he is now or a bit more, you can use a zipper and it can speed up production.

Dry times on any unit seem to be better, think because of dual chamber.

Heat that a person does have also seems to be better as it holds that heat inside the head better.

It can clean both directions, so a bit of time savings also.

For a portable I have been told (never tried it personally) that you need at least 500 psi and couple dual Stage Vacs I believe...would have to double check the vac part of the specs.... One might be going out to the University of North Dakota that they are going to run with portables their in Grand Forks, No Dakota. Friend of ours runs the maintenance out there and wants one to speed up their production. I got them in touch with Erik Hiltz the maker of the zipper.

Brent would be best with a smaller zipper if he ever decided to go that route.....

but today was just about having fun, meeting and greeting and playing around with tools and toys. Then we of course had to share with all of you the fun we had :)

It's always nice to be able to try some of the units and tools we see here on the boards in person out in the field.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman

I can't see how the zipper can use up more water than my Rotovac. My machine maintains pretty good heat with that. But would be curious to see. You could always reduce the tips but you would than cut down on clean time just a bit. The thing I would be worried about is the smaller blower sucking through the dual ports losing that much more lift. But again I think it would still be great.

Reactions: matt30577