Got Let Go

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
For the first time we have been let go from a custodial account. New owners of the car dealership and they need to "trim the fat" Apparently the owners are going to do the cleaning themselves....lol maybe they don't realize we own everything they would use. Even the auto scrubber. Anyways it's a new thing I've never faced as a business owner. Not a huge deal it only grossed about $15000 annually. Better start hustling more carpet and detail work!

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
sometimes losing a customer is a good thing.

At one point we cleaned all the Tradehome Shoes and Hallmark stores in the state of Wisconsin. The stores would be located in the same mall at each location so what we would do is drive to one city, clean one of the stores after they closed, got a hotel and cleaned the other store in the morning before they opened, then go to the next city.

then one day on the way to the very first store of the route we hit a deer which blew the radiator. While we were waiting for a ride back, it dawned on me that if I took all the money we made and subtracted all the expenses (gas, hotel, food) we actually would have made more if we just stayed in our area cleaning homes.

But back to your customer...if they cant see the value in your service, then its better off not to work for them. Thats what I love about residential. Find the customer that appreciates top notch service and is willing to pay for it. They are the customer that will tell all their friends and wont go away when times get tough.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
sometimes losing a customer is a good thing.

At one point we cleaned all the Tradehome Shoes and Hallmark stores in the state of Wisconsin. The stores would be located in the same mall at each location so what we would do is drive to one city, clean one of the stores after they closed, got a hotel and cleaned the other store in the morning before they opened, then go to the next city.

then one day on the way to the very first store of the route we hit a deer which blew the radiator. While we were waiting for a ride back, it dawned on me that if I took all the money we made and subtracted all the expenses (gas, hotel, food) we actually would have made more if we just stayed in our area cleaning homes.

But back to your customer...if they cant see the value in your service, then its better off not to work for them. Thats what I love about residential. Find the customer that appreciates top notch service and is willing to pay for it. They are the customer that will tell all their friends and wont go away when times get tough.
Our residential profit margins are by far the best. Appreciate the words of encouragement