Got Jesus? : Lost a friend 2 days ago... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Got Jesus? : Lost a friend 2 days ago...

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I just found out a good friend of mine passed away in his sleep 2 days ago. He was a great guy, with a personality that everyone loved. You couldn't help just liking the guy.

He struggled with alcohol and drugs all his life though, and was just a lost soul.

I regret not sharing my faith with him...

LarryJones

Mar 12, 2012
Florida
Real Name
Larry Jones
Business Location
United States
I just found out a good friend of mine passed away in his sleep 2 days ago. He was a great guy, with a personality that everyone loved. You couldn't help just liking the guy.

He struggled with alcohol and drugs all his life though, and was just a lost soul.

I regret not sharing my faith with him...
My condolences, Kip. Just in the last 7 years, quite a few of my friends and relatives have departed.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Sounds exactly like my uncle.

Found him laying in a roll of carpet with tools still in hand.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Btw this was a group topic under old design... Find it odd that it is a thread now... Don't care but wondering why group messages are now public threads

J

Jan 2, 2011
Real Name
J
Business Location
United States
Btw this was a group topic under old design... Find it odd that it is a thread now... Don't care but wondering why group messages are now public threads
I can't say for sure, but it's probably from migrating to one platform to another. The new platform might not have been compatible and in an effort not to lose the content they were created into real threads.

Only Tre knows the answer though, I'm just guessing.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a friend and a sister to cancer just in the last few years. I've lost my Dad, Mom, Grandma, 2 sisters, and almost all of my aunts, uncles, cousins ( a lot of them) since I started this business 25 years ago. My dad had a stroke in 1987 which caused me to move back home from Indiana to Missouri. He died just a couple months later followed by my 103 year old Grandma who was living with them at the time. It can be difficult to deal with the loss, especially if you are a believer and don't know for sure the spiritual condition of those you lost. I know it is for me anyway. I know people may criticize me for saying things like being a Christian doesn't make you perfect. I truly believe that down to my very core. I believe some people do truly get saved, but don't get victory over certain sins that keep them defeated and on the surface they may not even appear Christian. God knows those who are His even though we may not.

Reactions: GRD Will