Googles's new algorithm; is it affecting your traffic? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Googles's new algorithm; is it affecting your traffic?

carpetsandvents

Feb 6, 2018
Real Name
Cheryl Shenave
So, Google rolled out a new algorithm. I was capitalizing on the traffic from Google Business Places, but it seems like there has been a drop. I use only white hat tactics so my traffic should not be affected. Is anyone else experiencing a drop or a sudden uptick in their traffic? Here is the link to our Google biz / maps listing https://tinyurl.com/y49wsfhw
Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I know our website needs an overhaul and new look. www.myinfo@houstoncarpetcleaning.com This is the link to my website. I am looking for feedback. Thanks!

carpetsandvents

Feb 6, 2018
Real Name
Cheryl Shenave
I do not know exactly how they changed and updated their algorithm. Google keeps this a big secret. (to keep people from gaming the system) I will be keeping a close eye on our analytics to see if I can figure out just how to use the algorithm to our advantage. We use the internet as a form of marketing for over 90% of our advertising so our traffic and click through rate is a big deal.

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
I know the secret...but its exactly that...a secret...once its posted here...id be putting dollars in all my competitions pocket in my local area...good luck to you guys tho...we all need it

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
I know the secret...but its exactly that...a secret...once its posted here...id be putting dollars in all my competitions pocket in my local area...good luck to you guys tho...we all need it
I highly doubt you know the secret to Google's algorithm. Probably only a handful of top Google executives do. You sound foolish. No offense.

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
No offense taken...but youve made me as to not seem foolish on here...that ill explain a little...when you advertise in areas that are free.. it becomes spam or an ad can be flagged for various reasons...if what the message youre sending out isnt relevant to the person viewing it...they wont see that youve even posted an ad for yr business...the key to beating the change in the algorithm is simply by targeting the audience by their prior interests so it becomes a relevant subject within their feed...

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
No offense taken...but youve made me as to not seem foolish on here...that ill explain a little...when you advertise in areas that are free.. it becomes spam or an ad can be flagged for various reasons...if what the message youre sending out isnt relevant to the person viewing it...they wont see that youve even posted an ad for yr business...the key to beating the change in the algorithm is simply by targeting the audience by their prior interests so it becomes a relevant subject within their feed...
Conan the Grammrian is having a hard time understanding your post - it seems you're saying that the only way to successfully use the new system is to pay for ads so they're more targeted...?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
This is just the beginning. I would caution those who use google and or its derivatives as their primary stream of new clients to quickly diverse their marketing approach. Between the already in process anti trust action as well as Google certified preferred vendor program, storm clouds are on the horizon and google is going to get very expensive and not friendly to the little guy. Pay attention and diversify you streams of new clientele ASAP.

PS.....Air Duct Cleaning currently costs an average of $16.86 per click in the columbus Ohio and surrounding suburbs market place. Thats up from 7 to 8 bucks per click just 4 years ago.