Google My Business update

KevinL90

May 2, 2018
Real Name
Kevin Lewis
Hello all! GMB app is updated again. Looks like Google is turning the GMB app into more of an engagement platform, and it seems that it is becoming more powerful with each update. Are you using it for your local visibility? Check out a recent GMB update that can help your business to stand out

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Tired of dealing with GMB, to be honest. I've asked multiple times for them to update the address from which we moved TWO BLOODY YEARS AGO, and they're quick to call me three, four, five times a week offering paid services but they won't fix my address. So if I can't get my listing accurate I'm certainly not going to PAY for further service.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: Luky

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
Tired of dealing with GMB, to be honest. I've asked multiple times for them to update the address from which we moved TWO BLOODY YEARS AGO, and they're quick to call me three, four, five times a week offering paid services but they won't fix my address. So if I can't get my listing accurate I'm certainly not going to PAY for further service.

Just my opinion.
you can change that yourself

Reactions: KevinL90

carpetmaxllc

Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul

Just my opinion.
GMB is a free service and you edit all the info yourself. They have a way to verify but you need to update the address

Reactions: KevinL90

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
GMB is a free service and you edit all the info yourself. They have a way to verify but you need to update the address
Yea they mail you a post card to verify with a code.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Yea they mail you a post card to verify with a code.
Yes, I've gotten about a half dozen of those cards, and entered the code and everything. And it's still incorrect. So either my typing is atrocious, or something isn't working as it should.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
Not google calling you - it's a marketing outfit that has found your listing.
yes Google did call me for there local service program that I'm in & now im a beta tester for any new product that come,im very familiar with the scam calls that claim to be Google

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
yes Google did call me for there local service program that I'm in & now im a beta tester for any new product that come,im very familiar with the scam calls that claim to be Google
Local service program is different than GMB - GMB calls are from marketers. I get them all the time - funny - my listing is tops all over the place already thx to me!

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Yes, I've gotten about a half dozen of those cards, and entered the code and everything. And it's still incorrect. So either my typing is atrocious, or something isn't working as it should.
That's odd - normally once you enter the code all is well. Google up the adwords support number - they can help you

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
Local service program is different than GMB - GMB calls are from marketers. I get them all the time - funny - my listing is tops all over the place already thx to me!
right GMB won't call but I manage my own GMB.I know you know your shit you helped me out with the reviews,do you still have that system

KevinL90

May 2, 2018
Real Name
Kevin Lewis

Just my opinion.
It's strange cuz usually I don't have any problems with updating my business address. Have you tried this Google tutorial?

babashrug

Jan 14, 2019
babashrug.com
Real Name
Ali Hafezi
Business Location
United States
I think it's interesting that Google is doing this, they're really going after Yelp head-on. As much as I'd hate to see a monopoly, I don't like Yelp. They always take out the good, honest reviews and refuse to take out the false negative ones. We have a review that is 100% fake as in we've never seen or worked with the person who left it but Yelp refuses to take their review down. And yet, many of the real reviews left by our actual customers are removed through their "automated system." Oh and not to mention how aggressive they are in targeting users for paid ads. What a shame!

Reactions: Big D