Google Local Services Guarantee... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Google Local Services Guarantee...

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
It just went active in my city...

Seems to be a no brainer............

Low costs per lead comparatively

Makes your ad stand out from others....

Anyone else signed up yet?

What kind of results are you getting???

I set up a budget of 200 week to play with it.
It says it will take 2-3 weeks for them to approve the my company.

They are running a background and credit check on me as well as they verify your insurance and vendors license.

Hope some others chime in.

If not I will return to this thread and let everyone know what kind of results we are getting for $200 bucks a week. They claim 18 verified calls per week. I will believe that when it happens as that would put my costs per customer at 20 bucks or so as we have a conversion rate of 70% on inbound calls. Our company average across all advertising platforms for new customer acquisition hovers in the low 40 dollar range normally.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I did it recently. I'm not seeing a lot of actual calls from it, but it definitely has been worth it. I'm finding some of the calls are from places that are really out of my service area. I did one job 2 days ago that was from a town I hardly ever go to, but that call alone made my monthly budget and then some. My area is fairly spread out and sparsely populated so I have to cover a fairly large area anyway. I only have a budget set up for 350. a month which has been more than good enough for me, but may not work well for some. Btw, that fairly high-end residential customer also owns a business with over 5,000 sq. ft. of carpet that I'll likely get too. I'm in my second month right now. It has definitely proved worth it to me. Btw, I was trying to go too low on my budget out of ignorance because I didn't understand how it worked. After setting a budget that I felt comfortable with all has been good for me since then. If you go too low you may as well not do it because you won't get a single call.

Lynx41

Jun 18, 2011
Real Name
Jeff Mann
Business Location
United States
Yes, I was wondering about this service too? I used Google Ads before and yes, it got my name out there, but the cost got ridiculously high. So, I had to quit the service.

This Google Guaranteed Local Services deal is more like Home Advisor where they hit you with lead expenses that may or may not pan out and they hijack your phone number to control whose pocket the money flows. From what I understand, it is about $30 a lead?

The problem is, like with everything else Google controls; they like to change the game rules frequently and leave any contractor who is not going along with their latest $$$ endeavor out in the cold with no one calling them while the customers are being herded around by Google!

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
Do they contact you when they come to your area? They are getting closer to mine i noticed

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
That actually equates to 11.11$ per call which is great for you as you are in a non competitive town. You could make money on it at that rate. Most bigger towns over 200k its gonna be the norm of 25$ plus per call.

I tried it in a couple scenarios and more than half the leads had nothing to do with said services and goog of course didn't live up to promise of refund for bogus leads.

They are also easily spammed by bots but again your in an easy market which means less crooks so will not have as big a problem as in most bigger cities.

I'd take half that budget, well way more than that and put it towards real seo instead as its evergreen.

Last edited: