Google Business Listing Vanishes? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Google Business Listing Vanishes?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
My local Google Business Listing just disappeared for no reason. not only that, but another competitors did too. We have no idea why. I eventually contacted Google and their representative told me she had no idea why it was taken down. But asked me to send her a picture of my business license which I did. She said she expected it be back up in a few days. Well it's not.
I'm just wondering if this is happening to anyone else here.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Most likely an error on Googles side or the google algorithm found something it didnt like.

Google never reveals reasons for things unless a violation has been committed

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Most likely an error on Googles side or the google algorithm found something it didnt like.

Google never reveals reasons for things unless a violation has been committed

Thanks, I've never been told I did anything wrong by Google. Kind of strange that my friend also in my area had his business removed as well.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
its their algo update that probably happened, it will happen. Call them again if you dont get anywhere. Call and get another person. It should take less than three weeks to get back up after submitting license.
Also was it just one friend or other competitors, who knows you guys are friends?

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States
Ours was removed and had it verified and now it's been under review for 2 weeks

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
its their algo update that probably happened, it will happen. Call them again if you dont get anywhere. Call and get another person. It should take less than three weeks to get back up after submitting license.
Also was it just one friend or other competitors, who knows you guys are friends?

It was a local competitor friend. No one knows we know each other either.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Same here, I think it’s those spammy fake google maps listing guys that are messing with us. Someone has been deactivating my google business listing a few times.
It happened to you too Lars? How did you get your listing back up? HOe many times has this happened to you?

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Same here, I think it’s those spammy fake google maps listing guys that are messing with us. Someone has been deactivating my google business listing a few times.
yep and arhythmical updates - when i got my doctorate in seo I found the higher ya go the more scandalous and at scale they become, tons of slimy snakes out there that do most in scale with bots they make.

Really though real legit companies all losing listings like that was probably an update. Remember goog purposely makes it hard for real businesses because they know they are most likely to pay for adwords. In fact they legally have to do that because its a publicly held company they have to do whats in the best interest of their investors. They could easily get rid of 100% spam listings and fake removals, pin movings, phone number switches, etc with 2 easy verification's but choose not to.

Even the best of the best are having hard times removing/creating listings nowdays, but still its possible for some. And that was always my big fight with them was the fact that none have any problem with ruining other peoples lives/busineses where i most certainly do. Just your typical soulless thief mindset.

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States
Well,i just had a chat with Google.