Good Local SEO Read

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Well - we got off topic but here is my thoughts. Nothing wrong with selling leads. $1300 is high though for sure. I have begun to do some work with a guy that sells WD leads and they are MUCH cheaper! He approached me because he is great at generating leads but they are going to waste for the most part just now and he knows I have a knowledge of the business. Here is what we do and I think it's a good way to approach it:
Leads are exclusive.
A lead is a call over 30 seconds
Calls that go to a VM are considered a lead (no way to know if they are going to VM on purpose)
All calls are screened (recorded) before they are billed
This is the only way to try and make sure that by the time you get the lead it's pretty a pretty good lead. Guy above has a point - as a lead provider there is no way to know what happens on your end after the call. Also no way to know if the job was actually landed or not. Look at Home Advisor - they charge for all calls and sell them to 3-4 guys at once.
Personally - I wouldn't take a cut from a job unless I knew the outfit very well.
Just my 2 cents.

Dpack1

May 3, 2017
Real Name
dalton Pack
yes, just like all marketers

Want money upfront for "leads"

It's crazy how much y'all want for a lead and with no guarantee that they are good

I'm happy to give you more money and lower my ROI

But that would mean you have to stand behind your service and not just sell leads then vanish into the night

That is not true you are asking me to stand behind your business. A marketers job is to get you business. Why would I be responsible for your employees and your business? Something I have no control over.

We dont really have an option for our price. The industry is competitive other industries are a lot cheaper to get leads. If you want cheap leads start cleaning carpets.

I am happy to take less for each $$$ I make you but that would mean you do your part and make the money. No one is going to take responsibility for your business other than you.

With that being said I respect your decision to not want to work together. I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:

Dpack1

May 3, 2017
Real Name
dalton Pack
Well - we got off topic but here is my thoughts. Nothing wrong with selling leads. $1300 is high though for sure. I have begun to do some work with a guy that sells WD leads and they are MUCH cheaper! He approached me because he is great at generating leads but they are going to waste for the most part just now and he knows I have a knowledge of the business. Here is what we do and I think it's a good way to approach it:
Leads are exclusive.
A lead is a call over 30 seconds
Calls that go to a VM are considered a lead (no way to know if they are going to VM on purpose)
All calls are screened (recorded) before they are billed
This is the only way to try and make sure that by the time you get the lead it's pretty a pretty good lead. Guy above has a point - as a lead provider there is no way to know what happens on your end after the call. Also no way to know if the job was actually landed or not. Look at Home Advisor - they charge for all calls and sell them to 3-4 guys at once.
Personally - I wouldn't take a cut from a job unless I knew the outfit very well.
Just my 2 cents.

I am with you. we are missing the boat here. Yeah 1300 is a lot I was just telling here basically if she is bad on the phone she would close 1/4 calls but typically we see a lot better close rate. I was giving here a good case scenario and a worst case.

That is how I charge aslo. We record the calls if they talk about bs stuff we dont charge. If it is not a good lead we dont charge that is why our close rate is typically 1/2 calls. I only work with one company per market. This way I can really focus on making that company bottom line grow.

I quoted her $325 a call. If someone is interested in helping me test out this system I could drop my price a little per call for the TMF community to $300 a call. This would give you a goal of $600 per water loss. If I can do a better job then I thought I will cut the prices again later on.

Last edited:

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
Hey TMF community,

I am looking for a restoration company to test out my process to get more water losses. It has helped the biggest restoration company in Oklahoma and want to see if it works in other areas. I am not looking to make any money off of this trail. If you would like to be apart of this trail please message me I am only accepting 1 or 2 companies.

This was your first or second post on here. I messaged you ok, lets try it out. Then you pitched $1300 per lead

Dpack1

May 3, 2017
Real Name
dalton Pack
This was your first or second post on here. I messaged you ok, lets try it out. Then you pitched $1300 per lead

1300 per lead? I have no idea what you are talking about. I said it would be 1300 if you only close 1/4 calls. I said typically we see 40%to60% close rate which would be around $650 per water loss.

Tres did you expect a complete stranger to come in an make you thousands of dollars a month for free? What did you expect? Do you want me to come do the water loss for you too? I can, I am a certified water tech.

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
Ok bud
Just sick of everyone pitching ads but nobody willing to put their money where their mouth is

Read your post.....you lead with a lie to try and get people to engage you. Is that not correct?

Dpack1

May 3, 2017
Real Name
dalton Pack
Read your post.....you lead with a lie to try and get people to engage you. Is th
Ok bud
Just sick of everyone pitching ads but nobody willing to put their money where their mouth is

Read your post.....you lead with a lie to try and get people to engage you. Is that not correct?

Do I lead with a lie? I'm not reading any lies.

I said I am trying to test a marketing strategy in different markets. True

I said I am not trying to make any money.
Not a lie. I am shooting for break even. I am entering a new market and getting calls within 30 days from scratch. My cost are high at first. True

And I am only accepting a few people to try this out. True why take on a bunch of projects when I am not sure I can deliever. Even though I am pretty confident it would not be right.

Where are the lies?

I am offering this deal to see if restoration companies see more value from leads than other forms of marketing.

I am good at seo but it takes awhile. My last client I took started calling my weekly even before the first month was up wondering why he wasn't ranking yet. I told him from the start it takes several months. He started calling me 3 times a week shortly after. I wasn't a fan of that. I figured if he needed resaults instantly I can just do all the marketing myself and sell the leads.

Lucky for me my seo worked faster then normal and I got him on the first page for multiple kw including his top keyword in just three months. This is untypical so I decided to test out my other plan on another client. It worked for an Oklahoma company so I wanted to try it out in other markets so I reached out here.

KeepItCleanCarpets

Apr 16, 2016
Real Name
Miguel Cedeno
lots of companies pay for leads in many industries - that's why HA is so big. Paying a few hundred for a water damage lead that possibly be worth 1000's or a mold job isn't a bad idea.
Absolutely, but that was yesterday. All I'm saying is go to the university request for an Intern in Marketing. Or simply Google online for marketing interns. You do what you want, but I wouldn't pay for something that can easily be done.

Dpack1

May 3, 2017
Real Name
dalton Pack
I work to hard to give someone easy $$$.

You must be doing multi millions a year. I would like you to elaborate more on your real estate agent stradegy. Are they just giving your company as a referral when one of there clustomers houses flood?

The number one cause of businesses going out of business is not getting enough work. If I could get you 1 -5 water losses a month in the slow times why wouldn't you partner with a marketer?

KeepItCleanCarpets

Apr 16, 2016
Real Name
Miguel Cedeno
You must be doing multi millions a year. I would like you to elaborate more on your real estate agent stradegy. Are they just giving your company as a referral when one of there clustomers houses flood?

The number one cause of businesses going out of business is not getting enough work. If I could get you 1 -5 water losses a month in the slow times why wouldn't you partner with a marketer?
It's called internship, students work for credit hours. I refuse to pay someone upfront. I don't mind building with someone and then compensating them for hard work. Hey, Thumbtack rolled up their sleeves and gave me 30 free credits. Made $1200 out of those free credits and been with them since 2015. If you trust your work and what you do, I'm sure that 99% of the ones here wouldn't mind giving you a trial and pay you after you give them a successful lead.

Reactions: Irish potato

Dpack1

May 3, 2017
Real Name
dalton Pack
You will go broke spending on SEO!

I literally got my most recent partner to the first page of google with 5 of our top keywords and hist traffic has jumped up by 50 visitors in 3 months of work. I estimate he is receiving 2-3 water losses a month from that.

Thats around $5000-12000 worth of claims after working together in just 3 months. Trust me he is seeing a huge ROI off of SEO. Plus He is in Denver which is one off the toughest markets in the US.

If you are hiring interns you can spend as much as you want and you probably wont see any results. They work cheap because they lack experience.

Last edited: