Good all purpose traffic lane prespray

jacobthejones

Dec 12, 2016
Real Name
Jacob Jones
The label on Traffic Slam says it shouldn't be used on 5th generation stain resistant carpets. A little googling shows that this is modern nylon carpets. What happens if I do use it on this type of carpet? And what type of prespray would work better for 5th gen carpets (ideally that would also work with plenty of other types of carpet)?

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
The label on Traffic Slam says it shouldn't be used on 5th generation stain resistant carpets. A little googling shows that this is modern nylon carpets. What happens if I do use it on this type of carpet? And what type of prespray would work better for 5th gen carpets (ideally that would also work with plenty of other types of carpet)?

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Any high pH product will strip the protection off of 5th generation (nylon as you mentioned) carpets. I highly recommend using a prespray with a pH of 9-10 as your every day prespray and only move to a high pH prespray if needed. Personally I use Bridgepoint Bio Break as my every day prespray.

Polyester carpets are a different story. You need a prespray that will remove the oils from polyester. While the pH of the product doesn't necessarily dictate cleaning power most polyester presprays are higher on the pH scale.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Any high pH product will strip the protection off of 5th generation (nylon as you mentioned) carpets. I highly recommend using a prespray with a pH of 9-10 as your every day prespray and only move to a high pH prespray if needed. Personally I use Bridgepoint Bio Break as my every day prespray.

Polyester carpets are a different story. You need a prespray that will remove the oils from polyester. While the pH of the product doesn't necessarily dictate cleaning power most polyester presprays are higher on the pH scale.
That's why if it's a fairly new not too trashed olefin/poly I'll drop some stain resistant safe citrus(I use Matrix ASD) in my stain resistant safe prespray. Lately I've been back to Ultrapac.