Going to all VLM

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Yup !!!

Better off going with a OP. Use CRB to scrub and extract with OP.

Vibe without sprayer/tank is the easiest to use and better for bigger rooms and houses.
Forget Challenger
Odyssey better for smaller rooms and houses. More aggressive, Cleans better, Has a learning curve

Challenger - 1975 VW Beetle - $2299
Vibe - 2021 BMW - $1999
Odyssey 2021 Lexus - $2195

The VW Beetle is the most expensive.
For you guys crb’ing then op’ing;

You grooming afterwards?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I think it's a 165. So even slower than a 175. I have a 13'' HAWK 175-300.

175 is SLOW !!! You don't realize it till you use 300.

165 Good for small rooms tight areas but very slow for big areas.

All these machines have their place but no one machine is good for all situations. That's why I have so much equipment. I like using the right machine for the job.

But after saying all that. It might be a good first VLM Machine for you.
Yup I use a tenant/nobles 20” 185/315 rpm swinger and remember dudes outrage here when I told them 315 speed is where it’s usually set for synthetic carpet……..they couldn’t believe I didn’t damage anything and it scrubbed way better and faster.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Yup I use a tenant/nobles 20” 185/315 rpm swinger and remember dudes outrage here when I told them 315 speed is where it’s usually set for synthetic carpet……..they couldn’t believe I didn’t damage anything and it scrubbed way better and faster.
Around furniture, walls, tight areas, closets, etc. I usually use 175 but when I'm in open areas I'm moving at 300.

175 is SLOW !!!

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I am considering going with this method. CRB then Orbot Vibe for residential. 3 gallon spotter for when it's needed. Truck mount maintenance is pretty expensive. Seems like it's always something. If you make 100k per year with your TM, then your spending at least 5k on maintenance.

The Orbot Vibe is CRI approved. Any thoughts on this?

Here is the Vibe in action

He uses a Microfiber with scrub strips bonnet to scrub and then extracts with a cotton bonnet.

I prefer to scrub with a CRB.

He is using a velcro driver. The red bristle driver digs deeper and is more aggressive. The Vibe weight kit also makes Vibe more aggressive.

But he gets amazing results his way.

I love VLM !!!

Last edited:

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
If your using the Vibe or Challenger and a velcro driver use a glider. It will stop tip blooming, untwisting, damage to carpet and make Vibe/Challenger run smoother. The gilder covers the middle/center of the bonnet. That's the area that grabs the carpet the most and causes damage.

You usually don't have any problems with tip blooming/untwisting if you just keep the Vibe moving. You can't stay/stop on the same spot very long. That can cause damage on some carpets. Keep the Vibe moving. If you stop turn off machine.

The gliders with holes help scrub/agitate the carpet. They are Challenger gliders and the 2 large solid black are Challenger. White and smaller solid black are Orbot.

Gliders are not as important on the Vibe because it's a wheels down OP. Very smooth and easy to operate.

Wheels up OP with velcro like Challenger need gliders to run smoother on a lot of carpets..

Gliders not needed on red bristle driver.

Red bristle driver is open in the middle so bonnet doesn't grab. No glider needed.

I love VLM !!!

Resized_20211214_100218.jpg

Reactions: Darthmaeglin

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
How does the VLM pro deal with fibers that are easily damaged by too much agitation?

Some polyester fibers untwist and fray very easily. I think you can easily cause tip blooming in high end plush nylons. And then there's real wool Berbers. They get fuzzy easily.

For Wool, high end Nylon, you will need SOFT Wool Brushes for your CRB to scrub and extract with a Light Blue Microfiber Bonnet and glider if needed.

I've done many Wool Area Rugs with VLM.

I haven't run into any Wool Berbers but it would be the same as Wool Area Rugs.

CRB with Wool Brushes to scrub then I usually use Oreck Orbiter on Area Rugs with Light Blue Microfiber Bonnets to extract.

If I use Odyssey to extract I still use Light Blue Microfiber Bonnets.

When doing Area Rugs I put Shubee Water Resistant Pro Armor all around the Rug. That way I can spray edges of rug without worry of getting floor wet or damaging floor.

I keep the Pro Armor in a mesh bag in van until needed. I have it cut up into 6 foot sections to put around rugs. There might be a better way to do that but it's fast and easy to store in Van. Yes it looks wrinkled when pulled out but it works. It keeps the wood/laminate floor from getting wet.

I love VLM !!!

Resized_20211214_103423(1).jpeg

Resized_20211214_103520.jpeg

Resized_20211214_103558.jpeg

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
For Wool, high end Nylon, you will need SOFT Wool Brushes for your CRB to scrub and extract with a Light Blue Microfiber Bonnet and glider if needed.

I've done many Wool Area Rugs with VLM.

I haven't run into any Wool Berbers but it would be the same as Wool Area Rugs.

CRB with Wool Brushes to scrub then I usually use Oreck Orbiter on Area Rugs with Light Blue Microfiber Bonnets to extract.

If I use Odyssey to extract I still use Light Blue Microfiber Bonnets.

When doing Area Rugs I put Shubee Water Resistant Pro Armor all around the Rug. That way I can spray edges of rug without worry of getting floor wet or damaging floor.

I keep the Pro Armor in a mesh bag in van until needed. I have it cut up into 6 foot sections to put around rugs. There might be a better way to do that but it's fast and easy to store in Van. Yes it looks wrinkled when pulled out but it works. It keeps the wood/laminate floor from getting wet.

I love VLM !!!

View attachment 98561

View attachment 98562

View attachment 98563
Thanks for the info about the red driver and gliders. That makes a lot of sense.

As for the CRB, I only use the soft grey brushes ever.

I have seen one real wool Berber so far. It was installed only a few months prior. I did some stain removals, but it's about time for her to get the while house cleaned...

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Grey Brushes are probably from Whittaker. They make grey brushes. They are soft for residential and they make a white brush for wool that's just a little softer.

I like the yellow stiff brushes from Whittaker for cheap poly. I use them a lot.

Resized_20211215_073112.jpeg

Reactions: pgcleaner

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Vibe doing amazing work.

No furniture open areas is where the Vibe really shines. Commercial type carpet flat surface velcro driver works great on these jobs and no CRB needed.

Scrub with a fiber pad or he is using a Zinger pad with scrub strips to scrub and then a cotton bonnet to extract

I love VLM !!!