Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Green Dragon is only available from Encapstore.com in Las Vegas. He usually has lots of different pads also.
Actually many are using our Black Label and loving it for VLM.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
so Chem Dry was VLM for a long time and now is HWE. What does that tell you?

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Funny, for years they promoted that HWE cleaners were leaving carpets wet for days causing mold and mildew.
Their answer to this country wide horror story was to use their method instead.
Their marketing plan worked great till it came back to bite them in the butt.
This is a perfect example that a professional needs more than one system to complement their services.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I did LVM for years, dont honestly know how anyone can believe it delivers the same clean as a truckmount on residential.

Customers in my market have become educated and wont settle for LVM on residential.
I mean, duh?! The dirty water from HWE looks like chocolate milk (doesn't smell like it though). Now that I know the difference, I would never pay a professional to stir the dirt around and leave. I will pay you $5 for that garbage.

That being said, I get the appeal from a cleaner's perspective.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I mean, duh?! The dirty water from HWE looks like chocolate milk (doesn't smell like it though). Now that I know the difference, I would never pay a professional to stir the dirt around and leave. I will pay you $5 for that garbage.

That being said, I get the appeal from a cleaner's perspective.
So does the bonnets when finished. Drop one in a bucket of water and it will turn the water black. Its why the bonnets need to be changed and continue going till they stop coming out muddy brown. In the end they should be damn near clean. And not relying on the sales pitch of encapsulation alone. And only certain bonnets/pads work. Otherwise yes one would just be smearing filth around with non absorbent bonnets. That being said if the carpets are that filthy then they will need to be rinsed. As you would spend hours and tons of bonnets trying to get the carpet clean. And honestly if they are that bad rip it up and replace it. Because your still not getting it all out.

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I'm going to all VLM and and just 3-4 days a week. I'm just part time from now on.

No more HWE with TM. I'm tired of dragging hoses, maintenance, costly repairs, bad weather/freezing temps, another winter is coming, wind/ice/cold//snow/rain. It's no fun using a TM in the winter.

Starting Friday I'm all VLM. Will I go back to HWE. I'm not sure but I'm going to give VLM a good try.

I have a Orbot SprayBorg, Mytee OP Lite. Oreck Orbiter, 10'' CRB, 15'' CRB, Cyclo, Trinity Stepson, 13'' Hawk 175-300, 3 Gallon Spotting Machine, and some small orbitals for upholstery and a ''POS'' Trinity Freedom that I use to collect dust in my basement. I've been planning this for years and it's time.

Taking the sprayer off of the SprayBorg makes it better/lighter and much easier to use on residential.

Unfortunately, I sold my Challenger in the spring. I wish I would have keep it now. It was very good for small/tight areas.

I wonder how many customers I will lose. I think most of my customers will give it a try. I have scheduled one residential and one commercial so far.

I will be honest with customers and tell them if VLM will work for them. I won't take jobs that VLM can't handle.

Selling Points
No loud machines inside or outside
No open doors letting cold air in
No more long dry times
No hoses in house
1-2 hour dry times

System
1- Vacuum
2- Prespray
3- Scrub with CRB (when necessary)
4- Extract with OP cotton bonnets
5- Groom

I ordered some TMF SuperCap and I will give it a try. I also have Bonnet Pro and Vacaway.

View attachment 87721
Year and a Half Later..

Whats been your experience?

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I love VLM !!! and will never go back to HWE.

Bought some new equipment this year.

Trinity Phoenix for commercial
Trinity Odyssey for residential
6 gallon portable for upholstery

The key to VLM is to not take on jobs that need HWE. Leave the rat nasty and bad urine jobs for HWE guys.
Most bad urine jobs the carpet needs to be replaced anyway not cleaned.

I no longer work in filth and that's fine with me.

I have been talked into a few jobs that really should have been Steam Cleaned that came out better than expected.

1- Vacuum
2 - Prespray
3 - CRB
4 - Extract with OP
5 - Groom

Only one call back since going all VLM. That was a huge stain on berber that came back after 2 weeks. It was a long time customer so I went back and touched up. The stain was much lighter but you could see it.

I love VLM !!!

Last edited:

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I love this vacuum - 20'' Lindhaus RX Eco Force 500e

I bought it off Amazon in February for $725 it's up to $799 now

Excellent Supply also sells it for $799

106870-67c13a8a9ed72f22a8a640422c875949.jpg

Last edited:

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I love VLM !!! and will never go back to HWE.

Bought some new equipment this year.

Trinity Phoenix for commercial
Trinity Odyssey for residential
6 gallon portable for upholstery

The key to VLM is to not take on jobs that need HWE. Leave the rat nasty and bad urine jobs for HWE guys.
Most bad urine jobs the carpet needs to be replaced anyway not cleaned.

I no longer work in filth and that's fine with me.

I have been talked into a few jobs that really should have been Steam Cleaned that came out better than expected.

1- Vacuum
2 - Prespray
3 - CRB
4 - Extract with OP
5 - Groom

Only one call back since going all VLM. That was a huge stain on berber that came back after 2 weeks. It was a long time customer so I went back and touched up. The stain was much lighter but you could see it.

I love VLM !!!

Sound like a happy man! Kudos to you and thanks for the update.

Awesome new equipment too.

Both serious machines, I'd be curious to ask how suited for residential have you found the odyssey thus far?

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I love VLM and I love my Odyssey !!!

I bought it from Excellent Supply. I paid $2030 with free shipping.
It's not on the Excellent Supply website. You gotta call or email about it.

[email protected] com
1-800-330-1888 ask for Tanoah

Odyssey is my first choice for residential. Aggressive and fast. It's a 13'' wheels up OP and easy to maneuver in tight areas.

You always gotta be careful near shelves because of vibration.

Last week a vibrated a picture off a shelf and it broke the glass but she was a long time customer and just laughed it off. That's only time it happened but you always gotta be careful.

95% of the time I CRB first and then extract with Odyssey.

On big residential homes I will sometimes use my Orbot SprayBorg without
the sprayer on. I only use sprayer for commercial. It's lighter and easier to maneuver for residential without the sprayer.

Red bristle driver makes Orbot much more aggressive and bonnets stay on. I hated the velcro driver Orbot comes with.

Stairs I use a 10'' CRB first and then use Trinity Stepson to extract.

If your thinking about buying a Odyssey buy it now. Price increase coming very soon because of steel prices going up. Trinity warned everybody with a email.

I love VLM !!!

Resized_20210423_113535.jpeg

Resized_20210302_110517.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TillertheJohn

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Just ordered some Green Label from TMF Store for VLM.

I need a tractor trailer to carry all my supplies and equipment. I try everything.

I'm always looking for better faster quicker.

Green-Label-Prespray-HWE-VLM-Thymol_2000x.jpg

• Love
Reactions: rob allen

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I love VLM and I love my Odyssey !!!

I bought it from Excellent Supply. I paid $2030 with free shipping.
It's not on the Excellent Supply website. You gotta call or email about it.

[email protected] com
1-800-330-1888 ask for Tanoah

Odyssey is my first choice for residential. Aggressive and fast. It's a 13'' wheels up OP and easy to maneuver in tight areas.

You always gotta be careful near shelves because of vibration.

Last week a vibrated a picture off a shelf and it broke the glass but she was a long time customer and just laughed it off. That's only time it happened but you always gotta be careful.

95% of the time I CRB first and then extract with Odyssey.

On big residential homes I will sometimes use my Orbot SprayBorg without
the sprayer on. I only use sprayer for commercial. It's lighter and easier to maneuver for residential without the sprayer.

Red bristle driver makes Orbot much more aggressive and bonnets stay on. I hated the velcro driver Orbot comes with.

Stairs I use a 10'' CRB first and then use Trinity Stepson to extract.

If your thinking about buying a Odyssey buy it now. Price increase coming very soon because of steel prices going up. Trinity warned everybody with a email.

I love VLM !!!

View attachment 97023

View attachment 97024

sweet!

Are you grooming post Op (odyssey), if so how?

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
Sounds great George 8585 I am now using re lease it ds2 on all my commercial accounts, years ago we were all coughing but not any more LOL I cooked my oreck orbital and bought a new one using a 13 in. driver so now using the 15 inch Iron man pads and they are working out fantastic for small areas and stair treads

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Sounds great George 8585 I am now using re lease it ds2 on all my commercial accounts, years ago we were all coughing but not any more LOL I cooked my oreck orbital and bought a new one using a 13 in. driver so now using the 15 inch Iron man pads and they are working out fantastic for small areas and stair treads
I don't even consider using anything but DS2 on commercial anymore.

Residential is another story. I'm always looking for better for residential for some reason.

Challenger has new bonnets and they are terrific. 20'' works great on Odyssey and 14'' works great on Orbiter.

Challenger also sells a 10'' velcro driver now for Orbiter. It's much better than the driver Orbiter comes with

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
Yes i bought the challenger 10 in. driver for the orbiter. residential been using green dragon with no perfume so far been doing great.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Nothing cleans CGD better than DS2.

I never tried Green Dragon.

I have about 5 encaps that I use for residential. All have there place.

My first job today has a few pet stains so I will use TMF SuperCap.

I still use NanoMaxx, Radical, Rocket, Omega Citrus from Bonnet Pro.
Radical dissolves much easier now. The powder is finer.

For odor I'm mostly using Vacaway Encapacide. It now has CL02 in it.
Sometimes I use Just Gone sprayed on carpet and add to encap for odor.

I'm not using Ironman anymore. I'm using Microfiber, Glad Pads or Challenger on Odyssey and SprayBorg.

I rarely use Orbiter. Sometimes I will use it on small tight areas like closets. Challenger Pads work great on Orbiter.