Going to all VLM

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Encap store has some great products as well. Awsome encap is a really good one.

Fill a clear jug with several encaps and hold them up to the sunlight

The one thing I notice with awsome encap is it's much more opaque, possibly because the polymers are more concentrated?

Ds2 is also an amazing product but awsome has that really nice light orange scent.

I'm excited to try the TMF encap definitely adding to my next order

Reactions: rob allen

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
cleaned out my shop and put the cds away loaded with dehues and air movers for a emergency water damage call my clients only, i stopped chasing adjusters a long time ago. Now 100% low moisture cleaning and a easy sell NO DOORS OR WINDOWS OPEN and Faster Dry Times. Commercial is 100% pad capping

Reactions: rob allen

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Encap store has some great products as well. Awsome encap is a really good one.

Fill a clear jug with several encaps and hold them up to the sunlight

The one thing I notice with awsome encap is it's much more opaque, possibly because the polymers are more concentrated?

Ds2 is also an amazing product but awsome has that really nice light orange scent.

I'm excited to try the TMF encap definitely adding to my next order
Have you tried Green Dragon ? Besides Pad extraction it is now my go to for HWE only boosting with a citrus when absolutely necessary. Was using Bio Break with citrus for years.

Reactions: ACP

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
3 days of scheduling low moisture and haven't lost any jobs yet. I did turn one down. Customer said she had a lot of bad pet stains. I recommended she get it flushed with HWE..

I will let steamers do the urine/trashed jobs from now on. I don't mind at all not doing them.

I did a small commercial carpet job today. ac/heating business. I do it every 3 months. Today was the first with Low Moisture. Looked just as good as with HWE and smelled great. I used my Orbot and Bonnet Pros Omegazyme. I used 40 oz of Omegazyme. That's about $12 it cost me to do that job. I charged them $250. Low Moisture is almost all profit.

I vacuumed first and then scrubbed with the Orbot carpet brush and then extracted with a microfiber bonnet.

EASY MONEY I didn't break a sweat ... lol

I did break a sweat Friday on two residential jobs. One was a 3 floor condo. I hate doing them. Two stairways. Carrying everything up and down. Residential is much harder but I will get better and faster in the coming weeks.

TMF SuperCap is very good. Customer said it ''smells clean'' in here.
Any idea if TMF supercap is safe for upholstery?

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Supercap has peroxide though.... I guess maybe you run into trouble with peroxides is on dark colors?

And Naturals of course. But that is kind of why I was asking.
Are you using it for VLM or HWE ?

SuperCap works great on furniture and carpet. It's a crystallizer but it doesn't leave carpet stiff. They dry nice and soft.

For furniture I wouldn't use it on dark colors, but I doubt it would damage microfiber. It's just not necessary to use it on dark colors. In my opinion.

I have used it on cotton dining room chairs with HWE.

Never used it on wool but wouldn't be a problem with HWE.

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

SuperCap works great on furniture and carpet. It's a crystallizer but it doesn't leave carpet stiff. They dry nice and soft.

For furniture I wouldn't use it on dark colors, but I doubt it would damage microfiber. It's just not necessary to use it on dark colors. In my opinion.

For some reason I thought peroxides could damage wool.

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

Was thinking VLM for upholstery with a hand bonnet.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Was thinking VLM for upholstery with a hand bonnet.
Get a small 5'' orbital polisher. Hand bonnet isn't going to work in my opinion.

Get a decent polisher and make sure you can adjust speed of polisher

1 - Vacuum if needed
2 - Prespray with encap
3 - Scrub thoroughly with hand held brush. I usually use a Horsehair brush but sometimes a stiffer brush is needed
4 - Then go over with orbital polisher and 8'' microfiber bonnet
5 - Then I go over with my hand and a 13'' microfiber bonnet to get up more moisture
6 - Groom if needed

I have a small extractor a Durrmaid Spotting Machine I use when I don't think VLM will work.

th (5).jpg
microfiber-glide-8-inch-gentle-microfiber-bonnet-microfiber-bonnets-829139_289x289.jpg

Last edited:

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Get a small 5'' orbital polisher. Hand bonnet isn't going to work in my opinion.

Get a decent polisher and make sure you can adjust speed of polisher

1 - Vacuum if needed
2 - Prespray with encap
3 - Scrub thoroughly with hand held brush. I usually use a Horsehair brush but sometimes a stiffer brush is needed
4 - Then go over with orbital polisher and 8'' microfiber bonnet
5 - Then I go over with my hand and a 13'' microfiber bonnet to get up more moisture
6 - Groom if needed

I have a small extractor a Durrmaid Spotting Machine I use when I don't think VLM will work.

View attachment 93340View attachment 93341
That's a nice spotting machine. Pretty easy to work with I imagine.

Funny on the hand bonnet. Recently some people here are supportive of the hand bonnet method. Thats how I started thinking about it. But, maybe they too are using others tools like polishers with it.

More to think about.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
This is what I use for VLM upholstery cleaning.

I forgot to mention cotton bonnets.They are more aggressive.
You need the 6'' cotton bonnets with the elastic bands. Regular cotton bonnets won't stay on the velcro driver.

That is the smallest microfiber bonnet they make 8'' but work great on 5'' polisher.

13'' Microfiber Bonnet I use by hand to help dry before grooming.

I use a Multi Sprayer for upholstery with 6501 or 6502 jet

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: U. S. Vet.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
When doing residential a CRB scrub before the OP makes a big difference in results. Just using a OP machine gets good results but doing the CRB scrub then more scrubbing and extracting with a OP and cotton bonnet gives even a better result.

I just did my old Living Room nylon carpet. I used Magic Wands Atomic. Carpet looks beautiful and it's dry in less than 2 hours.
Yup, that's a good one two punch, CRB then OP

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I'm going to all VLM and and just 3-4 days a week. I'm just part time from now on.

No more HWE with TM. I'm tired of dragging hoses, maintenance, costly repairs, bad weather/freezing temps, another winter is coming, wind/ice/cold//snow/rain. It's no fun using a TM in the winter.

Starting Friday I'm all VLM. Will I go back to HWE. I'm not sure but I'm going to give VLM a good try.

I have a Orbot SprayBorg, Mytee OP Lite. Oreck Orbiter, 10'' CRB, 15'' CRB, Cyclo, Trinity Stepson, 13'' Hawk 175-300, 3 Gallon Spotting Machine, and some small orbitals for upholstery and a ''POS'' Trinity Freedom that I use to collect dust in my basement. I've been planning this for years and it's time.

Taking the sprayer off of the SprayBorg makes it better/lighter and much easier to use on residential.

Unfortunately, I sold my Challenger in the spring. I wish I would have keep it now. It was very good for small/tight areas.

I wonder how many customers I will lose. I think most of my customers will give it a try. I have scheduled one residential and one commercial so far.

I will be honest with customers and tell them if VLM will work for them. I won't take jobs that VLM can't handle.

Selling Points
No loud machines inside or outside
No open doors letting cold air in
No more long dry times
No hoses in house
1-2 hour dry times

System
1- Vacuum
2- Prespray
3- Scrub with CRB (when necessary)
4- Extract with OP cotton bonnets
5- Groom

I ordered some TMF SuperCap and I will give it a try. I also have Bonnet Pro and Vacaway.

View attachment 87721
Silly leprechaun • • • VLM is for non-climate change believers • • • keep the TM it’ll be summer all year long starting next winter • AOC said so • you silly leprechaun, you