Hel-Gel
Hot Knife Xtreme
Peroxcellent
Detonator

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
been using vacaway commercial magic and hot knife extreme bonnet pro non scent encap

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Bonnet Pro Surround Free that's what I use for non scent too

6 oz Hot Knife Xtreme and 4 oz of Peroxcellent makes a great combo. Peroxcellent gives Hot Knife a peroxide boost. It's what I use on rentals/apartments. Works great.

Last edited:

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
If you buy an orbot vibe you won't regret it, were killing commercial work and select residential with that thing.

There are many situations where the TM is a better choice but our vlm regulars love it and tbh their carpets are staying the cleanest.
And it seems to be versatile. VCT (strip/wax?), hard floors, tile, wood I believe?

When are TM's (HWE) better? I would guess when a deep cleaning is needed but I see the CRI approves Orbot Vibe as a Deep cleaning machine/method.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
And it seems to be versatile. VCT (strip/wax?), hard floors, tile, wood I believe?

When are TM's (HWE) better? I would guess when a deep cleaning is needed but I see the CRI approves Orbot Vibe as a Deep cleaning machine/method.
You can strip wax but better to use a cheaper 175 machine I wouldn't want all that nasty slurry on the Vibe.. any tool your going to use on a customers carpet better be super fresh looking.

Everything else it's great for

TM is preferred for homes with pets, pet stains, super nasties, etc. Stuff like wax you can melt out, paint etc

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

I had the chance to use a Vibe at our apartment complex. The Orbit is a great machine that's even better with the weight kit and a bristle pad driver. Slower than the Mytee and Trinity but cleans just as well and has the best looks IMO.
We had a chance to compare VLM to HWE using various tools including a Zipper, 360i , CRB ,wand and the Vibe .
The PM actually like the results from VLM ...best ! The individual with me was new and just starting a business.

Dont let the CRI sway your decision , A Rug Doctor is also CRI approved LOL.
IMG_5740.JPG

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Nobody said it doesn't clean at all, or even to a very noticeable degree.

I just bet if you ran a HWE over the same area VLM was used to clean you'd be surprised how dirty that water comes out even with the carpet looking clean.

Reactions: mrotto

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

I just bet if you ran a HWE over the same area VLM was used to clean you'd be surprised how dirty that water comes out even with the carpet looking clean.
Pal I agree . Personally I actually prefer HWE however I'll use VLM whenever its feasible especially with commercial such as these apartments.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I had the chance to use a Vibe at our apartment complex. The Orbit is a great machine that's even better with the weight kit and a bristle pad driver. Slower than the Mytee and Trinity but cleans just as well and has the best looks IMO.
We had a chance to compare VLM to HWE using various tools including a Zipper, 360i , CRB ,wand and the Vibe .
The PM actually like the results from VLM ...best ! The individual with me was new and just starting a business.

Dont let the CRI sway your decision , A Rug Doctor is also CRI approved LOL.
View attachment 87730
I have a red bristle driver also and it makes the Orbot more aggressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimsteam

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall

On dirtier carpets definitely true.

But business is business and many times especially in commercial you can't compete with vlm rates trying to wand it.

We've knocked out some huge sq ft with the vibe recently, I would never wand or hwe of any kind on these areas. Wanding 10,000+ sqft sucks and it really sucks when the results are better with vlm

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

Also goes the other way. I can run a clean cotton pad under a 175 after HWE and it will come out dirty on many scenarios

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Question is - what comes out dirtier? Cotton pad after HWE or water after VLM? =)

Reactions: mrotto

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States

VLM was never meant as a stand-alone, deep-cleaning process. A good hot water flush all the way down to the base of the fibers is virtually always going to remove more soil. But in situations where soiling is not extreme, or on CGD with appearance issues, or where speed and dry time is more important than percentage of soil removal, VLM has HWE beat almost every time.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
There was a guy here years ago. He used a simple walk behind portable. Just rinsing the floor. Along with a bonnet machine misting and padding behind him. He had his own system. He caught a lot heat on the forum. But he had his method and it worked for him. Cant remember his name.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
As I have gotten older, I do more low moisture cleaning. It is harder to get a portable from the store and move it and manage it in the house. The Brush Pro is simple for carpet. Cleaning upholstery with an encapsulate, a brush and a towel works wonders. Cleaning leather with a horsehair brush and microfiber towel does wonders. Using a neutral wood cleaner with a microfiber towel on a pole gives good results. The only complicated cleaning that I do is to simulate a pit wash on my concrete patio in the back for my oriental rugs. I squeegee off the solution after thorough rinsing and let the hot Utah sun dry the rugs over the weekend. I also love it because the chemical does most of the cleaning in a low moisture situation and I get to see my creations in action.

Several years ago, I suggested that a carpet cleaner with health issues focus on low moisture cleaning rather than continue to clean with his truckmount. A few months back he called to thank me. He was able to clean for his customers until he was ready to retire. He routinely passed extraction jobs to some of his colleagues, but was amazed at how many of his clients were thrilled with low moisture cleaning (my guess is that they were thrilled that he was still able to clean their carpets).

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
I remember Bill Barnes saying he could clean a carpet or rug with a bucket and a brush makes me think Dura Clean back in the day LOL

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I'm going to all VLM. No more HWE with TM. I'm tired of dragging hoses, maintenance, costly repairs, bad weather/freezing temps, another winter is coming, wind/ice/cold//snow/rain. It's no fun using a TM in the winter.
This thread has been on my mind for the last couple days. It really bothered me but I didnt know why until today.

First I got to say Im a TM guy but I am not going to go into a TM vs VLM as this has been rehashed all too often.

So it finally dawned on me why I was so concerned about it. Its the part about *Im tired of...*.

I remember a top notch cleaner in Chicago tell me a story about a tech he had that stopped performing the pile lifting step in the cleaning process because he felt it didnt need it. He was fired on the spot.

Your a business owner! Your standards should be higher. What happens when you decide that your tired of prevacuuming (or worse hurry through the process) when doing VLM?

I hate winter and dragging hoses in slush as much as anyone. Doesnt mean I will switch methods to avoid it.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
This thread has been on my mind for the last couple days. It really bothered me but I didnt know why until today.

First I got to say Im a TM guy but I am not going to go into a TM vs VLM as this has been rehashed all too often.

So it finally dawned on me why I was so concerned about it. Its the part about *Im tired of...*.

I remember a top notch cleaner in Chicago tell me a story about a tech he had that stopped performing the pile lifting step in the cleaning process because he felt it didnt need it. He was fired on the spot.

Your a business owner! Your standards should be higher. What happens when you decide that your tired of prevacuuming (or worse hurry through the process) when doing VLM?

I hate winter and dragging hoses in slush as much as anyone. Doesnt mean I will switch methods to avoid it.
Hmm... Something about this post bothers me but I can't place it, lol.

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
Mrotto thats great you keep running your TM and some of us will run our low moisture machines. Its taken a while but now have clients asking for low moisture carpet cleaning after showing them and telling them i can hot water extract if they were not satisfied.