Going to all VLM

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I'm going to all VLM and and just 3-4 days a week. I'm just part time from now on.

No more HWE with TM. I'm tired of dragging hoses, maintenance, costly repairs, bad weather/freezing temps, another winter is coming, wind/ice/cold//snow/rain. It's no fun using a TM in the winter.

Starting Friday I'm all VLM. Will I go back to HWE. I'm not sure but I'm going to give VLM a good try.

I have a Orbot SprayBorg, Mytee OP Lite. Oreck Orbiter, 10'' CRB, 15'' CRB, Cyclo, Trinity Stepson, 13'' Hawk 175-300, 3 Gallon Spotting Machine, and some small orbitals for upholstery and a ''POS'' Trinity Freedom that I use to collect dust in my basement. I've been planning this for years and it's time.

Taking the sprayer off of the SprayBorg makes it better/lighter and much easier to use on residential.

Unfortunately, I sold my Challenger in the spring. I wish I would have keep it now. It was very good for small/tight areas.

I wonder how many customers I will lose. I think most of my customers will give it a try. I have scheduled one residential and one commercial so far.

I will be honest with customers and tell them if VLM will work for them. I won't take jobs that VLM can't handle.

Selling Points
No loud machines inside or outside
No open doors letting cold air in
No more long dry times
No hoses in house
1-2 hour dry times

System
1- Vacuum
2- Prespray
3- Scrub with CRB (when necessary)
4- Extract with OP cotton bonnets
5- Groom

I ordered some TMF SuperCap and I will give it a try. I also have Bonnet Pro and Vacaway.

SuperCap_Unchained_400x.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: keep it clean

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
good luck to you George I have stopped using my truckmounts for 1 1/2 years. I still have the cds and use it only if i have to but yes for water damage. Low moisture and pad capping with the improvment of chemistry is kicking for me. 2 cimexs 1 grumpy 1 freedom 1 sprayborg my favorite 1 vibe Still using TM for tile&grout

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
good luck to you George I have stopped using my truckmounts for 1 1/2 years. I still have the cds and use it only if i have to but yes for water damage. Low moisture and pad capping with the improvment of chemistry is kicking for me. 2 cimexs 1 grumpy 1 freedom 1 sprayborg my favorite 1 vibe Still using TM for tile&grout
Peter
Are you still using Radical from Bonnet Pro ?
What is your favorite encap ?

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We do a lot of VLM now, still many jobs require a TM but if your marketing is good you'll do great.

CRB after the OP as the grooming step is my favorite, pulls the deep stuff that doesn't affect the OP cleaning really and gives it such a nice look

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I did LVM for years, dont honestly know how anyone can believe it delivers the same clean as a truckmount on residential.

Customers in my market have become educated and wont settle for LVM on residential.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I did LVM for years, dont honestly know how anyone can believe it delivers the same clean as a truckmount on residential.

Customers in my market have become educated and wont settle for LVM on residential.
Wasn't that oxiclean CRB only VLM? Crb only isn't even close to what a good OP machine can do.

The oxiclean franchise here doesn't even pre vac... they just stir encap into your carpet and leave

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
That is how Oxi Fresh does it, but no I've done multiple methods.

Either I didnt do pad encapping correctly or HWE simply always out performed.

Reactions: ACP and mrotto

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I'm going to all VLM and and just 3-4 days a week. I'm just part time from now on.

No more HWE with TM. I'm tired of dragging hoses, maintenance, costly repairs, bad weather/freezing temps, another winter is coming, wind/ice/cold//snow/rain. It's no fun using a TM in the winter.

Starting Friday I'm all VLM. Will I go back to HWE. I'm not sure but I'm going to give VLM a good try.

I have a Orbot SprayBorg, Mytee OP Lite. Oreck Orbiter, 10'' CRB, 15'' CRB, Cyclo, Trinity Stepson, 13'' Hawk 175-300, 3 Gallon Spotting Machine, and some small orbitals for upholstery and a ''POS'' Trinity Freedom that I use to collect dust in my basement. I've been planning this for years and it's time.

Taking the sprayer off of the SprayBorg makes it better/lighter and much easier to use on residential.

Unfortunately, I sold my Challenger in the spring. I wish I would have keep it now. It was very good for small/tight areas.

I wonder how many customers I will lose. I think most of my customers will give it a try. I have scheduled one residential and one commercial so far.

I will be honest with customers and tell them if VLM will work for them. I won't take jobs that VLM can't handle.

Selling Points
No more long dry times
No hoses in house
1-2 hour dry times

System
1- Vacuum
2- Prespray
5- Groom

I ordered some TMF SuperCap and I will give it a try. I also have Bonnet Pro and Vacaway.

View attachment 87721
I always liked Peroxide based encaps. And Hotknife Extreme. VLM with a decent spotting machine or small portable like 6gal for piss and stuff that requires rinsing. I know vacaway has quite a few spotters that dont require rinse. But sometimes rinsing its needed.

I might try picking back up some of my old customers useing vlm only. I too got tired of messing with hoses.
There are so many more choices today in chems used for vlm. Along with a better selection of machines, brushes, bonnets...

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
I love the super cap & shake & rake....just did a apartment that was positioned in an awkward place so I take the Kirby crb super cap & shake & rake & you would have swore I used the truckmount....i just added vlm in my truck some situations I can go vlm & some I have to go tm.....that super cap & shake & rake are good products but honestly every TMF product I’ve used been A1

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
That is how Oxi Fresh does it, but no I've done multiple methods.

Either I didnt do pad encapping correctly or HWE simply always out performed.
If you buy an orbot vibe you won't regret it, were killing commercial work and select residential with that thing.

There are many situations where the TM is a better choice but our vlm regulars love it and tbh their carpets are staying the cleanest.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States

Selling Points
No more long dry times
No hoses in house
1-2 hour dry times

System
1- Vacuum
2- Prespray
5- Groom

View attachment 87721
Congrats, George, I am a huge fan of VLM and am always excited to see someone "take the plunge". The technology and chemistry has advanced SO MUCH since the 'old days' of shampoos, and the concerns of yesteryear are no longer a barrier to the industry.

Remembering the limitations of the process, make sure you keep a little portable (like a heated 3-gallon spotter) to do things like upholstery, pet urine spots, touch-ups, and the like. I find it helps tremendously on filtration lines as well.

Reactions: george8585

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
We are a dual method company that will always offer both HWE and VLM.
2 months ago
20191022_112709.jpg
we started using Green Dragon from the Encapstore out of Vegas.
This product works well for HWE or Pad Extraction.
For straight Encap with our Cimex we use Awesome also from Vegas.

Reactions: StevenB.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I have been using BonnetPro for 6 years .
John's Ironman bonnets are incredible as his encap solutions. View attachment 87725
In eight years of doing this, I don't think I've ever been as excited about anything as I was when I found out we were finally carrying Bonnet Pro.

*happy wiggles*

Reactions: Robert86

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I've never been terribly happy with encap in residential but love it on commercial. I guess it has worked really well for me on berbers too. I'm expanding HWE and will start offering VLM along side it once I sort a few things out. Done right it can be a very effective method of cleaning. I would keep a portable though as some situations still call of the ability to rinse.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
When doing residential a CRB scrub before the OP makes a big difference in results. Just using a OP machine gets good results but doing the CRB scrub then more scrubbing and extracting with a OP and cotton bonnet gives even a better result.

I just did my old Living Room nylon carpet. I used Magic Wands Atomic. Carpet looks beautiful and it's dry in less than 2 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert86

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I getting my Challenger back tomorrow.

I texted the guy that bought it from me in the spring. Asked him if he wanted to sell it back to me and he said yes. He hates the Challenger. Only used it a few times. It works great with a glider in small houses/apartments with small rooms.

Last edited: