randyg6224

Jan 1, 2011
Green Bay, WI
www.newsolidsurfacecleaning.com
Real Name
Randy Grygiel
Business Location
United States
I want my business to go paperless in 2016. I have been signed up with HouseCall Pro since April but have used it very little. Want to utilize HouseCall Pro to it's fullest. I will be implementing a lead tech with a helper in their own vehicle. With all that said I'm looking for suggestions for tablets? We both have I-Phones. Thanks for your replies!

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
If you use apple phones then you should use apple tablets... They link up to eachother so everything is synced... But I will tell you this I bought a tablet about 4 months ago and I use housecall pro. My tablet is gathering dust on the desk and usually isnt even charged... I cant honestly find much of a reason to bring it with me on the job... Its just one more thing in the van I gotta worry about getting stolen if I open the doors to ventilate.

also there is no housecall app for tablets so dont fall victim to that miscommunication like I did... you would be using housecall from a browser just like its your desktop which is cool because honestly the app needs work...

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I want my business to go paperless in 2016. I have been signed up with HouseCall Pro since April but have used it very little. Want to utilize HouseCall Pro to it's fullest. I will be implementing a lead tech with a helper in their own vehicle. With all that said I'm looking for suggestions for tablets? We both have I-Phones. Thanks for your replies!

I have an iPad connected to my cell service. I bring it in with me when I start the job and leave it somewhere usually near the door while I work. It's the first thing to come in and the last to leave. Since I plug in the measurements to price the job before we start then I use it to accept the payments when I leave and send the invoice.

When I use the Housecall app I would rather use it from the tablet than my phone so I don't appear to be texting while in front of the client. I can also hold the tablet in such a way that they can see exactly what I am doing.

I use all apple products. So I went with an iPad since I have an iMac, iPhone, Apple Watch. (The watch by the way is really helpful for me to screen calls while working).

On commercial jobs I leave the iPad at home and use my phone since I don't like to Leave the iPad in the van. It's the only valuable thing in the van that is light enough to walk away.

Reactions: Lefty724

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
So I'm confused, can I use an iPad for HouseCall Pro? I also want to use a tablet in front of the customer instead of a phone.
There is NO tablet app for housecall... you can access the web portal like you would through your desktop so yes you can use it but no app...I though I would look cool in front of clients with a tablet too... Waste of money in my opinion...Now paying about 70 bucks more a month for the tablet that I dont use....

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
There is NO tablet app for housecall... you can access the web portal like you would through your desktop so yes you can use it but no app...I though I would look cool in front of clients with a tablet too... Waste of money in my opinion...Now paying about 70 bucks more a month for the tablet that I dont use....

Thats a bit misleading. Even though there is no native app for tablets, you can still use the iPhone Housecall Pro app on your iPad, it stretches out to the length of the iPad, looks like shit but it's still just as functional.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
So I'm confused, can I use an iPad for HouseCall Pro? I also want to use a tablet in front of the customer instead of a phone.

The iOS app works on the iPhone and iPad. There is no reason they need to make two separate apps. You do not need to use the web portal, however you can access it using the iPad if you wanted.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
The iOS app works on the iPhone and iPad. There is no reason they need to make two separate apps. You do not need to use the web portal, however you can access it using the iPad if you wanted.
Have you seen their app on the iPad? Looks like crapola... it's the reason I didn't sign up for housecall. Better options out there imo.

As far as tablets, I have an iPad and wouldn't want anything else!!

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Have you seen their app on the iPad? Looks like crapola... it's the reason I didn't sign up for housecall. Better options out there imo.

I use it. And I don't know why you say it looks bad. It looks like an app that does its job to me lol

Reactions: rolandal

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

There is an iOS native app, all of our techs use it on their iPad daily and love it. There is two size options one small and one large which covers the entire iPad screen (we use this one). It does everything we need it to and nothing is missing.

We are using iPad Air 2 with life proof cases. Ask John your paying 70/month for a tablet!? That's outrageous, we only pay 10/month which is added onto our att cell phone bill, not expensive at all per iPad. We have the clients sign off on the job and accept payment via the iOS app to capture their signature and email. Our techs like the larger screens as it shows a clearer view of all the line items and up sells.

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
You can use an iPad for HouseCall Pro, as well as new Android tablets. When you go to the AppStore, just click iPhone Apps in the top left corner and it will popup for you to download.

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
So ipad obviously for Apple. But what about android? whats a good one? and why? I am wanting to do the same.
I have iPads and a Samsung Tab4 8.0. I prefer the Samsung Tablet and I got it for free from AT&T when I purchased my Note 5.

If you're using Apple now, get an iPad.

If you're using a Android, I'd suggest any of the Samsung Galaxy Note tablets. The S pen is awesome and helps keep your dirty hands off of it. The S pen is what has kept me loyal to the Note line.

Sent from my Samsung Tablet

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
I have iPads and a Samsung Tab4 8.0. I prefer the Samsung Tablet and I got it for free from AT&T when I purchased my Note 5.

If you're using Apple now, get an iPad.

If you're using a Android, I'd suggest any of the Samsung Galaxy Note tablets. The S pen is awesome and helps keep your dirty hands off of it. The S pen is what has kept me loyal to the Note line.

Sent from my Samsung Tablet
I use a note 3 phone so that would work great for me. just need 2 separate devices. I answer my own phone and use it for gps right from calendar.

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
I use a note 3 phone so that would work great for me. just need 2 separate devices. I answer my own phone and use it for gps right from calendar.
Then you are familiar with the great battery life and S pen.

I also plan on going in with a tablet instead of using my phone (been paperless since 2011) in front of customers. A tablet will be so much more professional imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

Reactions: randyg6224

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Then you are familiar with the great battery life and S pen.

I also plan on going in with a tablet instead of using my phone (been paperless since 2011) in front of customers. A tablet will be so much more professional imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5
I run 3 batteries. I actually do not use my charge port. I turn off phone pop in fresh battery everyday. I keep a full one in truck. Just in case. and one on charge at home. Its better than leaving phone hooked up IMHO. but yea for such a big phone it has great battery life.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
ipad air 2 with cellular lasts us like 2-3 days without charging - on a 4 job route per day including GPS + House Call Pro.