GoDaddy wants to make me a website.

detroitcarpet

Jul 2, 2018
Detroit, MI
www.amazingcarpetcare.org
Real Name
Amazing Carpet
I've used them in the past, and have had less than stellar service/results. I mean they have all kinds of add ons that will have you printing money for just $9.99 :)

Rank #1 on Google for just $5.99/mo with there promo package. JK, but you get where I'm going. It's difficult for the average business owner to navigate the offerings.

The only pro is that they are typically less expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

My nickname for them is slowdaddy and almost every site I've had issues with (downtime, hacked, offline, etc). They move your website to a new server as an upgrade in house and then poof your website goes down. You call them and get to waste precious life time :(

I'd check into another hosted solution such as wix, squarespace or wordpress (wp powers 30% of the web, but it's quite complex)

A lot depends on what you are looking to have on the website before choosing. Do you want to have customer book and pay online without calling? Do you want to have spray bottle spotters for sale and other items that would require a shopping cart (bigcommerce. shopify, volusion)

Or are you just looking for a static brochure type website (which i wouldn't recommend)

We settled on squarespace for our carpet cleaning site and don't forget that if you're website isn't HTTPS users will see this message now when in Google Chrome if you're website isn't HTTPS users will see this message now when in Google Chrome.

We still have a ways to go, but we've been very happy with the results.

Hope this helps!!

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I started mine today (yeah, after 38 years in business) I set it up myself using info from
and I have absolutely no computer skills.

I know how I want it to look like and will need to find someone to make it look like I want it to but it will look awesome in the end!