Go to pre spray for CGD? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Go to pre spray for CGD?

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I did a GameStop store recently, and I used prochem power burst. The traffic lanes were nasty, and I did not get very good results. I boosted it with citrus pro, but I thought it would have done a much better job. The traffic lanes were still very noticeable. Is this typical in a store with that amount of traffic that has not been cleaned in years. Is there a better product for these types of nasty jobs?

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I use Matrix Olefin Prespray which is basically Prochem, I boost or higher the dilution. Are you scrubbing it?

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Id prolly use an emulsifier if its bad........Don't be afraid to use a quality soap in your rinse and just tell the customer they have to get on the cleaning plan. I like Formula 90 myself for an extra punch.

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
No I did not scrub it. It was one of those sub jobs that the big company didn't want to pay me crap to do. So I couldn't spend the time that job would have needed. What would you recommended scrubbing it with?

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Im doing a nice size dental office. Really a facility. All trashed cpt tiles. Im gonna use half dilution 90 after my prespray. Ill try to get them on the rotation afterwards. Once I get them straightened out if I can rinse with just water Ill do it but its not my problem they let it get that bad.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
No I did not scrub it. It was one of those sub jobs that the big company didn't want to pay me crap to do. So I couldn't spend the time that job would have needed. What would you recommended scrubbing it with?
Anything is better than nothing but you cant go into a job like that without no mechanical agitation. Get a floor machine with some red pads.

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Thats what my thought was. Why do these corporate businesses wait till its trashed to have it cleaned. I use a wand, not a magic wand! Who makes formula 90?

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Anything is better than nothing but you cant go into a job like that without no mechanical agitation. Get a floor machine with some red pads.
Even when you take haircut on job, once you commit you gotta do it right because that's your reputation at the end of the day. Even if you got bent over on that one you never know. You might have impressed someone that will lead to more business.......Gotta block it out.

Reactions: Artie09

Carlo Pro

Nov 10, 2013
Colorado
www.oxigreencolorado.com
Real Name
Carlo B.
Business Location
United States
I've been using power burst for years, no complaints.
sounds more like: you took a heavily soiled carpet job, that hasn't been cleaning for years for a cheap price.
Something failed yes, but not your pre-spray

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I vacuumed it, pre sprayed, cleaned with my wand. I'm not sure what I failed at, other than not using some type of scrubber. Would you go back and pre spray again and do the whole store over again? It was about 2,000sf.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Thats what my thought was. Why do these corporate businesses wait till its trashed to have it cleaned. I use a wand, not a magic wand! Who makes formula 90?
Was you subbed out by someone like Cintas? They wait so long because they usually have a national contract that gives them a cheaper rate but then only get it cleaned yearly.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
I vacuumed it, pre sprayed, cleaned with my wand. I'm not sure what I failed at, other than not using some type of scrubber. Would you go back and pre spray again and do the whole store over again? It was about 2,000sf.
You could a great job with any pre spray and adding citrus but you needed to scrub.
Some jobs call for a crb , some for a floor scrubber but mechanical agitation is what would help you tremendously

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
It was cleaning systems of America. I did it cheap since he said they have a lot of new businesses in my area and they will have a lot more jobs for me. The perfect line! Haha. Probably never here from them again, but it's a gamble I am willing to take.

Reactions: earl804
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
It was cleaning systems of America. I did it cheap since he said they have a lot of new businesses in my area and they will have a lot more jobs for me. The perfect line! Haha. Probably never here from them again, but it's a gamble I am willing to take.
Oh you will hear from them again but the bigger better paying jobs they told you about will never come along. They will give you bigger jobs but the payout doesn't get better :mad:

Reactions: FloorCareMD

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
The busier you make yourself look, the more money you can easily command, trust me!

Don't do the, I'll go cheaper and get me more business route.
Trust... Down the road you will understand why.
You will make more money

Reactions: Omar

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Well, looks like I need to invest in a scrubber! So what do you guys recommend for a scrubber?

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Just get a 175 rpm floor scrubber with brushes, pads, bonnets and your ready for a lot of different job situations.
Plus strip & wax jobs

Reactions: Barry C