Glass shower doors cleaning

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Stone pro and some elbow grease. I have a white pad on my drill to power scrub. I've seen people use green pads but I worry about scratching the glass with it.

Kleenit

Feb 4, 2015
Real Name
Robert Powell
Stone pro with white pad and electric polisher. Works great.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Stone pro and some elbow grease. I have a white pad on my drill to power scrub. I've seen people use green pads but I worry about scratching the glass with it.

Is this the kind of pad/drill system you mean?

Reactions: Robert86

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
To break it would be one of the options
I used once Bartenders helper( paste). Did pretty good job.CLR didn't help at all.
I would say, use similar precautions like with anything else in our industry. Start in the corner, don't apply 2 different products at once. Rinse well in between.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Is this the kind of pad/drill system you mean?

Yep! That brush is good for scrubbing tile too. I've seen the red brush and red pads advertised as good for cleaning those glass doors but I wouldn't. The brush especially is fairly stiff.

Where do you buy stone pro?
Amazon. Link I posted should get you there.

Reactions: PATRICK YANELLO

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thanks ! How about the white pads , who sells them online?
Amazon, lol! I'm sure they are available else where but I found them on Amazon, ordered a bunch of them, and haven't needed to look for more. Plus I have an Amazon card, I get special deals and whenever I buy through them so I'm motivated to buy as much through them as I can.

Reactions: igare

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
This is the one I had bought

There are lots of different sets out there. White pads are the softest, then red, blue green and black. Same with the brushes, white is softest, you can use it on carpet, black is for stripping.

Reactions: igare

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Robert86 are you also sealing glass after cleaning? What are you using?
I haven't tried any shower glass protectors so I have nothing for you there.

To be honest, I don't really offer shower restoration. I'd do it if someone asked but I don't offer it. Mostly I'm just busting my butt to keep my own shower door clean. When I first moved in I used a whole bottle of stone pro, it was recommended by people here and it worked great, there was just that much build up. And if I'm not really on top of it, after a couple weeks of use I'm busting the stone pro out again. Our water sucks.

Reactions: Allied and igare

Kleenit

Feb 4, 2015
Real Name
Robert Powell

Those shower doors look great...one of the issues a customer can get so frustrated dealing with is those hard water spots. After cleaning with Stone Pro Stone and Glass SCRUB you can apply a spray finish on it (not a sealer as glass is non-porous). Stone pro has a product called Finishing Touch Ultra which is an enhancer and protector which protects the glass from fingerprints and hard water spots. Just a quick spray and wipe and your done.