Give us your defintion | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Give us your defintion

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
I am amazed that no one has mentioned weight as one of the issues desirable in a porty. How's this for something new under the sun- A 500 psi 175" lift machine 12 gallon capacity with heat that weighs 75 pounds or less. In this age of post moon travel this should be possible. We can build it stronger, faster- lighter. Someone call NASA.
This is possible, but such a machine would cost you at least $10,000 IMO because the only material that would get it that light is carbon fibre. lol. That might be why nobody is building one like that. We sell a machine like that though that weighs only 98 lbs. It is called a Titan X2.

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
I am not a manufacturer but if I was and had materials engineers I would have them working on a way to build powerful machines out of lighter materials. everything from vac motors to pumps to tanks. People would buy this machine.
Not at the $10,000 it would cost to make it and sell for a profit you wouldn't.:)

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
It's much cheaper to buy a ramp for $130 than buy a $10k portable, if you are too weak to lift a portable out of your van.

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
It's much cheaper to buy a ramp for $130 than buy a $10k portable, if you are too weak to lift a portable out of your van.
Exactly. There are enough portables out there near 100 lbs that it is not a big issue.Most cleaners can handle up to 150 portable weight before needing the ramp.

AdvClean

Sep 20, 2010
MO
Real Name
Kirk Hemmens
Business Location
United States
I agree with you. I thought of that but didn't know it would be at quite that high a price point. hopefully, in the future, some of these materials or new ones will be developed that will be cheaper. Still people I think would pay a little extra for power and lightness. (I would).

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
I agree with you. I thought of that but didn't know it would be at quite that high a price point. hopefully, in the future, some of these materials or new ones will be developed that will be cheaper. Still people I think would pay a little extra for power and lightness. (I would).
What you did not understand that in a well engineered portable it is not the shell of the machine that is the main thing that keeps them heavy. It is the electric motors and 500 psi pump. The poly shells most use are not that heavy. On a typical 100 lb machine for instance the shell might be 50 lbs of that weight. Carbon composites(like used on Ultralights and airplanes) do weigh about 1/2 the weight of poly, so using that WOULD get you down to the 75 lb range you were talking about, but the cost of the machine would mean that the manufacturer that made it would have very few customers or would go broke trying to sell it:)