Getting more business

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning Marketing' started by 50 carpet cleaner, Jun 17, 2017.

1. 50 carpet cleaner

50 carpet cleaner Active Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Male
    Police Officer/Carpet Cleaner
    NC
    Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0
    As of now I have ad words running, sent out 5,000 EDDM mailers and I have Facebook campaigns running. What else can I do to drum up business on slower days or days I have no work. The cleaning equipment I have is an El Diablo truckmount, Rotovac 360 I, and a Hydroforce SX 12.

I haven't made contact with any business yet because I'm not sure how to approach them. I would be interested in small offices but not the late night chain restaurants. I live in a college town that has a lot of apartment complexes but only did one bid and never heard back.

any suggestions appreciated! Thanks.

2. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,742 / 45 / -0
    Hows your google rankings?

3. Superior Sealing Solutions

Nov 16, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Try getting involved in some local business to business networking groups. Join a few chambers of commerce in your area too.

4. 50 carpet cleaner

Aug 23, 2013
    Male
    NC
    Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0
    I forgot to add that, I paid for SEO for the past 5 months and I am now on the first page of google and 6th on places. I have been getting calls from it.

5. 50 carpet cleaner

Aug 23, 2013
    Male
    NC
    Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0
    I was approached by a guy a few months ago who was doing work on our house and he suggested I join, its $500 so I wasn't sure if it was worth it.

6. Superior Sealing Solutions

Nov 16, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    That seems kind of pricey. But you'll meet alot of people and they love giving business to fellow member's. Alot of realtors are there also. You can go to thier event's without joining to see how you like it. Bring a bunch of cards to hand out. This is what one of my local chamber costs.
    [​IMG]

7. Pinosan

Premium VIP

Nov 22, 2011
    Male
    Owner/operator Carpet cleaning Tech
    California
    Ratings:
    +7,747 / 42 / -0
    look for a BNI group and join

• Like Like x 2
  8. ColoradoCleaner

ColoradoCleaner Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Male
    Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +3,014 / 39 / -0
    What is your adwords budget and what is your cost per click set at? Are you in a major metro area or more rural?

9. Dustin Salsido

Dustin Salsido New Member

May 17, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would join BNI. You'll meet a lot of great people who are willing to help build your company. I am apart of one in Honolulu, Hawaii and gained a lot of business. It's a referral based networking group. Their main priority is to refer business to you. I am sure you'll gain a lot of momentum there.

10. 50 carpet cleaner

Aug 23, 2013
    Male
    NC
    Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0
    I took a few weeks to learn Ad-words and was only doing a budget of $15.00 a day but just raised it to $100 a day and bid strategy set at maximized clicks

11. 50 carpet cleaner

Aug 23, 2013
    Male
    NC
    Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0
    Guess I should join a BNI group. How many people on avg are involved in these groups?

12. hard work

hard work Member

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Approaching businesses is fun and easy. Just pick the ones that you would like to clean and charge right in with some promo materials. "Please keep me in mind for all your floor care needs". It's really that easy and you'll be surprised how many will book right on the spot.

13. hard work

hard work Member

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Ditch the adwords, too expensive with not much roi. Make sure your eddm and facebook ads are hitting the same area, combine that with some lawn signs and bandit signs on poles. Those 3 advertising mediums should lock down your target area.

Marines like to say that they're first on the beach but everybody knows that Rangers lead the way!

14. JimmyJamLee

JimmyJamLee New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Male
    Parts Unknown
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

15. JimmyJamLee

JimmyJamLee New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Male
    Parts Unknown
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That's simply guerilla marketing. Ok to start when you have no money but not a great long term strategy.

16. JimmyJamLee

JimmyJamLee New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Male
    Parts Unknown
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No money. Yard signs, hand delivered flyers, free local listings. Google listing most important. Seo a site and get it on first page.

Paid- adwords, facebook, directangular mail.

17. JimmyJamLee

JimmyJamLee New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Male
    Parts Unknown
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Of course apartments and Realtors for referral source leads.

18. hard work

hard work Member

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Tell me the difference between "guerilla marketing" and regular marketing in this business? Seems to me that there's plenty of vets on here using eddm, Facebook ads and signs.