randyg6224

Jan 1, 2011
Green Bay, WI
www.newsolidsurfacecleaning.com
Real Name
Randy Grygiel
Business Location
United States
I'd like to leave a postcard behind with my customers asking for a review of my services. Possibly some simple instructions and links to my website, Google +, Facebook, Yelp, etc...Would anyone have a sample, ideas? How do you get customers to give you reviews? Thanks for your help!

Reactions: admin

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I'd like to leave a postcard behind with my customers asking for a review of my services. Possibly some simple instructions and links to my website, Google +, Facebook, Yelp, etc...Would anyone have a sample, ideas? How do you get customers to give you reviews? Thanks for your help!

The best way would be to offer them a 10% discount if they leave you a review before you leave the job, the other one would be to offer them a 10% discount on their next cleaning, leave them a card then send them an email with the links a couple of days later.

Here's a card I designed but I haven't implemented the idea as I'm not doing residential work just yet, I got the idea from @dmreed4311 so he might be able to tell you more.

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 6.21.59 PM.png

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
I collect the email address of every customers. Then follow up that night with a simple email that states a thank you and to call if they have any issues. Also in that email are links to my google page, yelp page and Facebook page. It is simple and works well. Plus you have the email for future marketing.

Reactions: randyg6224

Maximum Carpet

May 22, 2014
www.maxcarpets.com
Real Name
Jeff Hasse
Business Location
United States
I threatened to spray them with toxic chemicals and burn them with heat until review is written. Got good reviews but not as many repeats as I expected.

Reactions: alexus

Andrew C

May 24, 2014
Richmond, VA
www.TrueSteamLLC.com
Real Name
Andrew Carr
It's simple. Mention that you are looking to grow your company, especially if the customer seems friendly, and ask them for feedback.

Offer incentives to leave reviews on your invoices. Be confident. I usually bring it up if I get in conversations with the customer.

Most people are understanding and want to help.

Reactions: Juan Rodriguez

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
You can bribe them but it could be costly. If the customer sees it as something shady then you could be reported for paying for reviews. Thats what my seo guy told me.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
I collect the email address of every customers. Then follow up that night with a simple email that states a thank you and to call if they have any issues. Also in that email are links to my google page, yelp page and Facebook page. It is simple and works well. Plus you have the email for future marketing.
I have a plugin on my site that lets them leave a review on my site. It also give them a chance to go to yelp and google to leave one as well. Only the 4 star and above reviews are given the opportunity to go the google and yelp. I either email them with the link or send a postcard with the link on it.

Nov 5, 2013
extremecleancu.com
Real Name
Andrew Deem
Business Location
United States
I have a plugin on my site that lets them leave a review on my site. It also give them a chance to go to yelp and google to leave one as well. Only the 4 star and above reviews are given the opportunity to go the google and yelp. I either email them with the link or send a postcard with the link on it.
Pretty slick bob.

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
It's more difficult than one would think. I always leave a customer evaluation card.
I have also recently implemented a give away. With two drawings / year. So now I also leave them a letter explaining the program as well as a referral rewards program.

Attachments

• TPC_Giveway_Rules (1).pdf
    511.3 KB · Views: 107

Andrew C

May 24, 2014
Richmond, VA
www.TrueSteamLLC.com
Real Name
Andrew Carr
It's more difficult than one would think. I always leave a customer evaluation card.
I have also recently implemented a give away. With two drawings / year. So now I also leave them a letter explaining the program as well as a referral rewards program.
It's difficult if you just leave them a card that they are probably never going to read.

Use the time you are in the house and talking to them to bring up reviews. Not all customers want to take the time to leave reviews, so you have to feel them out beforehand. But if you get a sense that they would be willing to do it I would not hesitate to ask.

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
It's difficult if you just leave them a card that they are probably never going to read.

Use the time you are in the house and talking to them to bring up reviews. Not all customers want to take the time to leave reviews, so you have to feel them out beforehand. But if you get a sense that they would be willing to do it I would not hesitate to ask.
I let them all know how important they are to me especially as a new company. Most are sending back the evaluation card but I'm having a difficult time getting them to leave one on Facebook and Google+.
I can't blame them I know they are all very busy these days.