Get Yelp Online Booking Powered by HouseCall Pro! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Get Yelp Online Booking Powered by HouseCall Pro!

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
Find out how to take advantage of Yelp online booking powered by HouseCall Pro! Signup today!

*Don't forget to mention TMF for a 20% discount!

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
Sounds good but what percentage does Yelp take?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
Sounds good but what percentage does Yelp take?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
It costs you guys 10% per job. That is taken out when you take payment for that said job.

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
I think you just pay handsomely to advertise.
We aren't helping you advertise on yelp, that's strictly through Yelp. We are offering you the possibility to get booked online through Yelp that pushes directly to your HouseCall Pro Calendar.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
It costs you guys 10% per job. That is taken out when you take payment for that said job.

It seems like you guys are helping Yelp tuck it to us unfortunately. I understand their desire to make money off us, if that was their goal they shouldn't have made a free listing. It seems like every time I turn around Yelp is adding some feature that will force me to spend money with them just to keep the status quo. Since I do get a good amount of business from their free listing.

10% seems like a hefty fee since I do pay you guys a monthly fee for use of your HouseCall pro system.

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
It seems like you guys are helping Yelp tuck it to us unfortunately. I understand their desire to make money off us, if that was their goal they shouldn't have made a free listing. It seems like every time I turn around Yelp is adding some feature that will force me to spend money with them just to keep the status quo. Since I do get a good amount of business from their free listing.

10% seems like a hefty fee since I do pay you guys a monthly fee for use of your HouseCall pro system.
We just are giving you guys an option to get jobs through that outlet. It can easily be shutoff. One of out highly requested features was to help you guys grow your business. This is doing just that. We negotiated a 10% referral fee. What that means is very simply is that you don't have to spend 1 dime UNLESS you get a job AND it closes out AND you get the money in your bank account. This is the same as you hiring a technician and giving him 10% of your trucks gross. If you hire a salesman, he will get paid $50k ONLY IF he gets you $500k worth of business.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
We just are giving you guys an option to get jobs through that outlet. It can easily be shutoff. One of out highly requested features was to help you guys grow your business. This is doing just that. We negotiated a 10% referral fee. What that means is very simply is that you don't have to spend 1 dime UNLESS you get a job AND it closes out AND you get the money in your bank account. This is the same as you hiring a technician and giving him 10% of your trucks gross. If you hire a salesman, he will get paid $50k ONLY IF he gets you $500k worth of business.

This "option" is sort of like a bully offering you a Swirley or a wedgie. It's not really an option, either way sucks.

Using your example, and my situation. I am already getting the "$500k" worth of business from Yelp. But your creating a situation where now I would have to pay $50k for that same $500k worth of work that I am already getting. Just so a customer can schedule online?

A feature that like people have mentioned can be very troubling for our business.

How are you going to set my minimum pricing for this online scheduling? My minimums are based on distance from my shop, have you created an algorithm that will give them a minimum based on that? How about preventing a situation where I get a customer one hour east of me scheduling an appointment after an appointment that is one hour west of me. Will you calculate that drive time to prevent them from making me late? (Which is the smallest issue with that, since I am now going to waste two hours of my day going from job to job.)

The listing sites are great in a sense but they force our hands in many situations. They take our information and put it on their sites without permission, and now people think they can use that site and it's somehow convenient for me.

This is not a convenient feature for our business, and if customers see it is available and we don't offer it, it becomes a negative moment of truth for us.

How does it make sense for our business to suffer because someone changes up their business model on a daily basis. Especially you guys, since I pay you a monthly fee.

This service should at least be included in our PAID plan. So at least I wouldnt have to deal with the bull spit that comes along with it without losing more money paying Yelp for something they have been giving to me for free.

I like hcp, but this does NOT have our best interest in mind, this has your bottom dollar in mind. You guys made your service a monthly subscription even though it is a piece of software you could sell as a one time sale. Ok fine, but don't keep bending me over like this creating shitty situations.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
The money part doesnt bother me, they are providing a convenience if its not worth it to you then turn it off.

My question though is what happens when someone already is using the hcp app through me. Then they book with a competitor on yelp. Do they now receive text, postcards, email from both of us? Especially if we are both using the hcp templates that would be confusing as shit to a homeowner.

Then next year they hire yet another, now do they receive text, email, postcards from all 3 of us?

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
The money part doesnt bother me, they are providing a convenience if its not worth it to you then turn it off.

My question though is what happens when someone already is using the hcp app through me. Then they book with a competitor on yelp. Do they now receive text, postcards, email from both of us? Especially if we are both using the hcp templates that would be confusing as shit to a homeowner.

Then next year they hire yet another, now do they receive text, email, postcards from all 3 of us?

You really can't think turning it off is just a thing to do. A customer that sees Yelp offers this thing that seems so convenient to them and I choose not to use it. That creates another thing I need to educate my customer on. I have to educate them on why their convenience is outweighed by the inconvenience it can cost me. That makes me look like an ass. But it's a proper business decision. Allowing a customer to control their appointment is a mistake. And when you call them to explain "look sir the job before you is 2 hours east of you I won't be able to make it to you at 11 am"..."well then why do you offer this option" it's just like groupons. You put fine print all day for a service radius or no furniture moving. Then when you charge they freak out like you are being dishonest.

I don't see this being a benefit to this industry. And i see it impacting my business negatively just like their request a quote did (which had a negative impact with it being turned on and off)

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

that is just the beginning.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

We all know that is where it's heading. It's not news. But the feature sounds good.

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
You really can't think turning it off is just a thing to do. A customer that sees Yelp offers this thing that seems so convenient to them and I choose not to use it. That creates another thing I need to educate my customer on. I have to educate them on why their convenience is outweighed by the inconvenience it can cost me. That makes me look like an ass. But it's a proper business decision. Allowing a customer to control their appointment is a mistake. And when you call them to explain "look sir the job before you is 2 hours east of you I won't be able to make it to you at 11 am"..."well then why do you offer this option" it's just like groupons. You put fine print all day for a service radius or no furniture moving. Then when you charge they freak out like you are being dishonest.

I don't see this being a benefit to this industry. And i see it impacting my business negatively just like their request a quote did (which had a negative impact with it being turned on and off)

If a customer is browsing on yelp for a carpet cleaner they aren't "your customer". If you turn off the feature, customers won't be able to see that you offer it anyhow. Customers tend to enjoy online booking and see it as more convenient. That's why we rolled out the possibility. It is an outlet to win customers that weren't yours in the first place. But it is completely optional.

In terms of scheduling far away, you can set your company up with time slots that are plausible to also be convenient for you!

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

Ruben is right bud. The convenience of using their feature is design to bring new customers. Yelp is a good source because it is deeper into the sales funnel even deeper than google. Once you acquire that client, it will be your job to turn it into your lifetime client. if your marketing is weaker than yelp's or HCP's, then more likely will be their client not yours.

That is why depending on platforms like Yelp or Home advisor or even HCP is not something you should rely on to build a lifetime clientele.

The 10% sounds more than reasonable since it will be deducted only if you book. However, upsales when you are in front of the client will not be part of it unless you are incapable to convince the client to pay the upsell outside HCP and Yelp. Now the question would be for the yelp paid advertisers if this will be in addition of the pay per click charge. Which is still a good deal but more expensive of course.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Ruben is right bud. The convenience of using their feature is design to bring new customers. Yelp is a good source because it is deeper into the sales funnel even deeper than google. Once you acquire that client, it will be your job to turn it into your lifetime client. if your marketing is weaker than yelp's or HCP's, then more likely will be their client not yours.

That is why depending on platforms like Yelp or Home advisor or even HCP is not something you should rely on to build a lifetime clientele.

The 10% sounds more than reasonable since it will be deducted only if you book. However, upsales when you are in front of the client will not be part of it unless you are incapable to convince the client to pay the upsell outside HCP and Yelp. Now the question would be for the yelp paid advertisers if this will be in addition of the pay per click charge. Which is still a good deal but more expensive of course.

I understand the convenience. I use their online ordering when I get take out. I just think there are too many factors in this industry for a complete online checkout unless they have an insane algorithm that takes into account the travel time, production rates, etc.

How does a customer know how long their appointment needs to be? You could say I make appointment slots sure, but then I need to make the slot size the average time and then on small jobs I have free time which is lost money and on large jobs I need to rush to get the next job.

If they can address these issues sign me up, I just don't see that being easily done.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I understand the convenience. I use their online ordering when I get take out. I just think there are too many factors in this industry for a complete online checkout unless they have an insane algorithm that takes into account the travel time, production rates, etc.

How does a customer know how long their appointment needs to be? You could say I make appointment slots sure, but then I need to make the slot size the average time and then on small jobs I have free time which is lost money and on large jobs I need to rush to get the next job.

If they can address these issues sign me up, I just don't see that being easily done.

Neither you know. It would be your job to design your scheduling slots according to your system. No scheduling system can actually guess for you if the project will grow on you or become smaller. so designed your time slots in a way that work best for you.

for example I have three slots 8, 11 and 2 that gives enough space for lunch, breaks and same day service at the end of the day if we happen to be free on time.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Neither you know. It would be your job to design your scheduling slots according to your system. No scheduling system can actually guess for you if the project will grow on you or become smaller. so designed your time slots in a way that work best for you.

for example I have three slots 8, 11 and 2 that gives enough space for lunch, breaks and same day service at the end of the day if we happen to be free on time.

I will be done with all my online booking in a few more days through woocommerce. I bought the extensions and I'm just finishing up the set up. (it was actually recommended by the marketing firm that I hired).

Last edited:

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P

So what happens if someone books an 8 appointment and has a full days worth of work and you have an 11 and 2 booked?

BayouCitySteam

Aug 16, 2016
Houston Texas
www.bayoucitysteam.com
Real Name
Mark Croudy Jr.
Business Location
United States
Wow... HCP getting eaten up for no reason.

This is a feature we can use or not use correct?
They only take money if someone books and pays?
So: a customer books, you get an alert. You call customer to finalize details (just like you would HomeAdvisor, angieslist, Yelp book now feature already in pace, HCP consumer app, amazon) you make any changes in HCP like the appointment start and end time.
You go to their home, win them over, ask them to review you cause you exceeded expectations, pay your taxes, take a shower, go to bed, wake up, be a man, and go service the next day customers.... right?

Thanks for continuing to add features and not raise our rates every 5 days HouseCall.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums