Genesis XT feedback

sevenmacs

Nov 4, 2008
Greeley, Colorado
Real Name
Steve McNamara
Business Location
United States
Looking at buying a Genesis XT (59). 3400 hrs . as a backup. price is right but don't know much about them, has Ford engine w/carb. Any info from those with FIRST HAND knowledge would help.

bobbyhier

Dec 20, 2008
Abilene Ks
Real Name
William Hieronymus
I heard the Ford Motor is the way to go. I had the model with the Nissan engine hands down the worst machine I have ever owned. Within a month new computer and it over heated all the time. When it ran though had a ton of power great heat and all the suction you could ever dream of.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TMF Forums mobile app

sevenmacs

Nov 4, 2008
Greeley, Colorado
Real Name
Steve McNamara
Business Location
United States
I heard the Ford Motor is the way to go. I had the model with the Nissan engine hands down the worst machine I have ever owned. Within a month new computer and it over heated all the time. When it ran though had a ton of power great heat and all the suction you could ever dream of.

I have an Chemspec 860 with Nissan, took awhile to get the bugs out, great machine now. Don't know much about the Ford Industrial engine, good to hear good things about it. Design & engineering seem well done, performance should be the same as 860.

bobbyhier

Dec 20, 2008
Abilene Ks
Real Name
William Hieronymus
In power cleans defense I bought the first genesis with the Nissan motor. They built it for connections and I bought it and it was delivered from connections to me so I am sure they made changes based off the issues mine had. That Will teach me to buy number 1

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
Had the displeasure of running a genesis for awhile. Run away! Preheater leaks, vibration woes, blower choked down to an inch to make heat....worked on that pos for three hours for every hour it cleaned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while peeing in the new tech's coffee