Generator? Cable splitters?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Generator? Cable splitters??

Killaeyez1

Apr 24, 2020
Real Name
Damian Henderson
I did my first job today(3 br, game room, hallway, and stairs) using the MYTEE Flood Hog Bundle(Water Hog/Flood Hog) and Heater. I pulled everything out of the van and carried upstairs of the home. It took longer than expected mainly form refilling and power tripping. From my research at 100ft-150ft the flood hog has as much suction as a truck mount? I also understand that I can connect water hog to faucet or a water hose to faucet( need help finding adapters) without over flowing. At this point I figure I can use my equipment just like a truck mount by using a generator and split power cords. Which will save time and my back? Welcoming any advice and suggestions. Thanks!!!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Matt1919 and Odin

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Leave it downstairs. Buy some longer hose. Can leave it in garage or on front step foyer, kitchen... what ever makes more sense for that job. But to save time roll out your solution hose first starting at furthest point. This way you dont waste time setting up machine then realize you are short. If hose reaches your ideal staging area. Then begin plugging in. Use only 20a circuits. I know they say 15 blah blah blah. But 20's are better suited and less chance of popping breakers. Try powder room out let then the other on kitchen outlet. Skip the heater. Its a waste of time and kills your day seeking out yet more outlets. Trade heat for aggitation. Mix your prespray though good and hot. Rinse water 120° is fine right out of customers faucet. The cleaning is done with aggitation. Dont fight the portables instead work with them.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
You can get their 240v splitter. And use dryer outlet. That will give you 2 solid circuits. And lol you will not trip that 30a. Down side is you have 50/50 chance of it being 3 prong or 4 prong. Most common used to be 3. But a lot have been going to 4 to utilize the neutral.

Reactions: Killaeyez1

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
You can get a Predator Generator for around $600. I run my water hog/air hog from the van. The heater you can run inside the house.

It looks like you can put the machines on a shelf above the generator. Then put some diamond plate on it to at least appear to be a truckmount.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
'From my research at 100ft-150ft the flood hog has as much suction as a truck mount"

your research is flawed.

let me guess you have legal weed where you live?

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
very little suction lose at 150ft. with the air hog. its plenty powerful at 150 ft. and it's much cheaper to run then a truck mount.....

• Love
Reactions: Matt1919

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I bet you were happy to be done with that job. Portables are a lot of work. Once you get your system down it should be smoother. If you keep taking those things upstairs you will probably find yourself looking for another job soon. At least get enough hose to do everything from downstairs. Next, get enough hose to work from the porch. Then, work your way to working from your van with a generator.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I strongly feel for most residential work it's truckmount or nothing. Outside of Jim Davisson, I seriously doubt anyone is going to beat me at setup with a truckmount. I could pre-vac the carpet, mix my pre-spray, run my hoses, and the porty guy would still be working out his set up.

Cheaper setup but less productive.

Truckmount I can knock out 3-4 jobs in a day, averaging $700-$1,000 a day (sometimes more) at high productivty.

Portable you can only do 2 a day at most (with the exception again of Jim Davisson)

A good used setup is only $30,000 for a truck mount. You still have to have a vehicle regardless to transport all your porty stuff anyways. So in the end, you're still paying $5,000 for a portable, $15-$20,000 for a truck.

Or get a truckmount setup for truck + mount $30-$35,000 and double your productivity.

Heat isn't as necessary but it sure speeds up cleaning times. Good luck competing with other companies using truck mounts when they get the job done in half the time with better quality too.

Killaeyez1

Apr 24, 2020
Real Name
Damian Henderson
I strongly feel for most residential work it's truckmount or nothing. Outside of Jim Davisson, I seriously doubt anyone is going to beat me at setup with a truckmount. I could pre-vac the carpet, mix my pre-spray, run my hoses, and the porty guy would still be working out his set up.

Cheaper setup but less productive.

Truckmount I can knock out 3-4 jobs in a day, averaging $700-$1,000 a day (sometimes more) at high productivty.

Portable you can only do 2 a day at most (with the exception again of Jim Davisson)

A good used setup is only $30,000 for a truck mount. You still have to have a vehicle regardless to transport all your porty stuff anyways. So in the end, you're still paying $5,000 for a portable, $15-$20,000 for a truck.

Or get a truckmount setup for truck + mount $30-$35,000 and double your productivity.

Heat isn't as necessary but it sure speeds up cleaning times. Good luck competing with other companies using truck mounts when they get the job done in half the time with better quality too.
Thanks man. That’s my plan soon!!! I had start out cheaper.

Killaeyez1

Apr 24, 2020
Real Name
Damian Henderson

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I have the Harbor Freight Predator 8750 peak 7000 continuous it runs both machines plus a fan inside the van just fine. Make sure you add fuel stabilizer to protect the carburetor.

Honda generators are the best, but not necessary if you are planning on buying a truckmount in a few years.

I wouldn’t worry about heat. If you ever end up cleaning in a restaurant, just use their hot water.

Killaeyez1

Apr 24, 2020
Real Name
Damian Henderson
You can get a Predator Generator for around $600. I run my water hog/air hog from the van. The heater you can run inside the house.

It looks like you can put the machines on a shelf above the generator. Then put some diamond plate on it to at least appear to be a truckmount.
What size generator do you use?

Killaeyez1

Apr 24, 2020
Real Name
Damian Henderson
I have the Harbor Freight Predator 8750 peak 7000 continuous it runs both machines plus a fan inside the van just fine. Make sure you add fuel stabilizer to protect the carburetor.
Thanks man!