Gecko wand VS Spinner of your choice

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
I agitate the kitchen with a pole brush and use my Otter pump with 600-700 psi high heat works great, I don't have to agitate the rest of the areas, 600-700 psi with high heat will do very well. I do use the gekko wand with a brush head. I can never use a spinner because I can't clean the sides and the edges and some small areas and tight areas. Gekko is great for residential. Open areas the spinner.

Do you have to do multiple passes on one section of grout or just one pass typically? Fast/slow pass?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Yeah i get ya. Doing sidewalks with a surface cleaner i dont even like using 4gpm..8gm 3400psi or go home lol..
Jim do you have any experience with the gecko though? Because even with full 2.2gpm+ and 1000 psi, i can definitely see it being a useful tool. I know i know lol..have to try for myself

I tried to give you the information the salesman doesn't know, the industry doesn't advocate and what the observant operator learns the hard way, take it for what it's worth I guess.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
I tried to give you the information the salesman doesn't know, the industry doesn't advocate and what the observant operator learns the hard way, take it for what it's worth I guess.

And I appreciate it. Simply saying/asking with full performance from a pump the gecko may be just as good an option as a spinner for some situations. They can go under cabinets right up to the toe kicks. Swivel around furniture, need minimal edging, etc.

I had been under the impression that for the most part you had to agitate really well before using a gecko, but based off fedri and his videos it seems that's not always the case.

The gecho main body also looks like i could put an adapter on it to use it with a turbo cat. So its looking to me to be a very useful tool.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Do you do tile with your porty or have to use your TM btw?

We use both, we have a 1½ hp hypro 5321 with the injector I use with my spinner with my portable. Just heat, 1 vac, dirty grout demon (or the Oreck if needed) and the parallel pumps with the tile wand if it's easy. I prefer the portable to be honest. Chems are most important in residential, commercial like restaurants you need flat out raw power all around.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I think the Gekko is a fine tool. But, I don't think it will cover ground as quickly as the SX-12 you have. I doubt it will save much time.

I would use agitation in the worst areas either with a machine or just a Grout Demon brush. With the exception of not needing to agitate every inch of the floor, I think your process is good and as about as fast as you will get.