Garaging the van

Gavin

Jan 21, 2011
WA
Real Name
Gavin Green
Business Location
United States
the garage ceiling give 1" clearance to the garage door. it was the tighest fit for the garage door track the installer had ever seen.

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
My old van was a 1 ton with HD shocks and wouldn't fit in garage. When I test drove my new van I made sure it would fit. I keep it in the garage during the winter with a heater running. So far no freezing.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
does anyone else have a hard time fitting their van in the garage. I understand if it's a box truck, but this was a pretty common van. I think my garage must have just been too small.

http://carpetcleaningbellingham.com/fitting-the-van-into-the-garage/

van.jpg

Same thing happened to me when I switched from my Astro and bought my Savannah. I had to make the garage door opening higher so I could drive it in and I had to redo my work bench on the other wall so it would fit for length. I'm glad I can get it in there. Wind chill was below zero last night here I think, but stayed about 40 degrees in the garage w/o a heater.

Reactions: Spazznout and Gavin

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
Same thing happened to me when I switched from my Astro and bought my Savannah. I had to make the garage door opening higher so I could drive it in and I had to redo my work bench on the other wall so it would fit for length. I'm glad I can get it in there. Wind chill was below zero last night here I think, but stayed about 40 degrees in the garage w/o a heater.

I know this is and older thread but anyone know what the cost is just to raise the frame on the top

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I know this is and older thread but anyone know what the cost is just to raise the frame on the top

I suspect something like that will vary a lot depending on where you are. For myself I only needed like 2 or 3 inches. I hired a garage door company, but I wound up doing it myself. I guess they had better things to do. Fortunately it wasn't too big of a deal in my case.

Reactions: vladimir