Garage Flooring Questions

mrkavin

Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
I want to dress up my floor in my 2-car garage...
My house was built in the early 40s, so the concrete garage floor has been exposed to many years of engine oil drip...
I'm afraid painting the floor will not be a good option due to my concerns that I'll never be able to get the surface adhesion that paint will require...
The garage floor in one bay has an 18" x 18" floor grate that's slightly recessed with sloped concrete for water drainage...

I think my only flooring option is to go with some sort of interlocking plastic tile...
Something like a RaceDeck type of product or alternate...
I'm not sure if the floor grate is going to be a problem? Can I go over the grate or should I trim around it with the plastic floor tile, and will the sloped concrete around the grate create a problem?

I have a floor jack rated at 3 tons capacity..... Will the plastic interlocking floor tile be damaged by the floor jack lifting my vehicles?

mrkavin

Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
I want to dress up my floor in my 2-car garage...
My house was built in the early 40s, so the concrete garage floor has been exposed to many years of engine oil drip...
I'm afraid painting the floor will not be a good option due to my concerns that I'll never be able to get the surface adhesion that paint will require...
The garage floor in one bay has an 18" x 18" floor grate that's slightly recessed with sloped concrete for water drainage...

I think my only flooring option is to go with some sort of interlocking plastic tile...
Something like a RaceDeck type of product or alternate...
I'm not sure if the floor grate is going to be a problem? Can I go over the grate or should I trim around it with the plastic floor tile, and will the sloped concrete around the grate create a problem?

I have a floor jack rated at 3 tons capacity..... Will the plastic interlocking floor tile be damaged by the floor jack lifting my vehicles? epoxy flooring McAllen
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions...

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Rent breaker. A couple dumpsters. Call in a shake n bake metered truck and repour. Lots of blood. Sore back and knuckles. Brand new and Done.
Its the only option.