Game Changer

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yeah you dont want it bunched up at inlet. I put it on and use stick or pencil or something to push it through so i can grab it from inside. And pull it in. So theres only bout 2” left just enough for cuff to slide over. This way there is more then enough hanging inside. Once you get going it should take the shape of the barb inside. And will expand to the size of your arm when full of lint. Just be careful of foam. Any foam and these become foam generators. Suck up a palm full of powder defoamer and poof foams gone. Even canister filter you will be using these socks or paint filters to catch debris. You will experience some cfm loss. But trade off is less to no fuzz stuck in your motors.
You are right i need a defoamer. My recovery tank was foaming up (1 bdm only, rsf prespray, plus pre spotting, then robs alkaline rinse). I can imagine doing three rooms and the foam would go into the vac pipe!
1st what chems were you using. Prespray and rinse?

Get yourself a jug of powder crystaline defoamer. If in a pinch and need something quick and cant get to store. Liquid fabric softener will knock down foam. Just suck some up hose. Preferably before starting so it can coat hose and tank.
Powder defoamer works instantly.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States

Get yourself a jug of powder crystaline defoamer. If in a pinch and need something quick and cant get to store. Liquid fabric softener will knock down foam. Just suck some up hose. Preferably before starting so it can coat hose and tank.
I need a recomendation on powdered defoamer.

I urine spotted with robs usor, a pog (for paint spots) and a spotter for brown spots.

Agitated with crb. I was suprised at what it dug up, even some black flecks/fuzz i didnt know was there. The crb proved valuable in this case.

Then i presprayed with robs secret formula, and i spiked it with a little grout master.

I rinsed with robs alkaline rinse.

Finally, i used robs enzyme lavender/vanilla pet spray.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

I need a recomendation on powdered defoamer.

I urine spotted with robs usor, a pog (for paint spots) and a spotter for brown spots.

Agitated with crb. I was suprised at what it dug up, even some black flecks/fuzz i didnt know was there. The crb proved valuable in this case.

Then i presprayed with robs secret formula, and i spiked it with a little grout master.

I rinsed with robs alkaline rinse.

Finally, i used robs enzyme lavender/vanilla pet spray.
Notice any thing you may have activated on the floor during prespray? Youll hear it. If theres something foamy already in the carpet here and there.

I use chem spec crystaline defoamer. I tried liquids. But the powder is fast acting. Youll like it when your hose clogs up with foam. Just suck it up out of your hand and all foam is gone. And if theres troublsome residue on carpet causing tons of foaming. Just sprinkle it over the area lightly. Will keep your machine breathing clear.

The only tmf chem im familiar with in your list is grout master.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Notice any thing you may have activated on the floor during prespray? Youll hear it. If theres something foamy already in the carpet here and there.

I use chem spec crystaline defoamer. I tried liquids. But the powder is fast acting. Youll like it when your hose clogs up with foam. Just suck it up out of your hand and all foam is gone. And if theres troublsome residue on carpet causing tons of foaming. Just sprinkle it over the area lightly. Will keep your machine breathing clear.

"Notice any thing you may have activated on the floor during prespray?" Yeah, i kinda did, a couple a hand sized spots, or maybe i noticed it when i was extracting. I will get some of that chem spec crystaline defoamer, and use it as you recommended. Thank you.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

"Notice any thing you may have activated on the floor during prespray?" Yeah, i kinda did, a couple a hand sized spots, or maybe i noticed it when i was extracting. I will get some of that chem spec crystaline defoamer, and use it as you recommended. Thank you.

Thats the only powder one ive tried. Works good though. And should last you a long time.

Resolve is our enemy lol. Along with anything the homeowner sprays on the carpet. Especially their youtube diy tricks. Worst would be where they spilled shampoo. Dang what a pia. I could here machine screaming but absolutely no suction. Pull hose off wand and its sealed shut with foam.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Try all chemicals at recommended amount first and then 1/2 that... I have soft water and use 1/3 of recommendation with the same results, the rest just is foamy for me... Test, test, test!
Well, then, that's very little chems. The soft water is free-er of solids, ppm's, so you get a cleaner water going in, and it therefore is a bit cleaner coming back out of the carpet, meaning less ppm in the recovery of it.

I am considering using RO water, heated with a bucket heater for prespray and for rinse. I wonder if I should try what you are saying, with 1/2 recommended chem amounts?

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Of all the mods I have made to my equipment this undoubtedly has to be the best yet. I have been tackling the filter problem lately. Externals suck because the are messy and clog fast, old school bags that hang in the tank are okay, but clog and suck to clean. This mod works wet and dry, stays in the tank, is 95%+ efficient, never reduces airflow, is $65 and the filters are disposable. For my Scooter I cut a new 2" port in the side with a hole saw and cut off the top hose connection to the cyclone, 10 mins... done.

View attachment 73650
View attachment 73651
Here is another brand for cheaper?

$15.99

http://www.tmart.com/SN50-High-Effi...4uGTil_xZ38z3QOTipU9M18Uy97QaEKBoC_RoQAvD_BwE

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Here's a couple pictures of my completed waste tank and filter design. Installed an air dam baffle after a bunch of trial and error to maximize airflow without compromising performance efficiency. I put a pool filter (with a bag installed inside) and another one on the outside to join them together. Under a vacuum load I could watch the debris spinning inside the bottom of the filter!!! View attachment 73657
View attachment 73658
To use this tall set up, you must have at least 28-30 inches of height in your recovery tank? I just measured my Nautilus portable, for depth, and I think I have about 15 or so inches of depth. The cyclone is 14 inches, top to bottom. So, I cannot use your great pool filter idea on the bottom. Also, I may not have the width I need to put the cyclone in my Nautilus. The recovery tank has irregular bottom and sides.

Attachments

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
That's a great find and the opposite side inlet, I like that.
To use this tall set up, you must have at least 28-30 inches of height in your recovery tank? I just measured my Nautilus portable, for depth, and I think I have about 15 or so inches of depth. The cyclone is 14 inches, top to bottom. So, I cannot use your great pool filter idea on the bottom. Also, I may not have the width I need to put the cyclone in my Nautilus. The recovery tank has irregular bottom and sides.
I use the pool filter because it works perfect in my machine. You can cut off the top barb and put one panty hose on top and bungee 2 on the bottom. However, some recovery tanks it just won't fit, which is unfortunate because it works so amazing.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
That's a great find and the opposite side inlet, I like that.

I use the pool filter because it works perfect in my machine. You can cut off the top barb and put one panty hose on top and bungee 2 on the bottom. However, some recovery tanks it just won't fit, which is unfortunate because it works so amazing.
Ok, cutting off the top barb of the Oneida Cyclone will give me a couple a more inches with which to work. I will order one, then try to connect the side barb on the cyclone to the hose barb hole inside my Nautilus recovery tank. Then, its just a matter of proper nylon socking it, I think. Thanks for your help. Pat