Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Those dwell pros are bricks not impressed with the vacuum either!
I was going to ask you what you thought of it but you already answered :p

I was at the Stone Pro Boot Camp a few years back and the owner of Dwell Pro was in the class with me. He did a quick demo of the unit to show me, I actually think it was the one going to you as he mentioned Sam and that you got it from an auction on another board.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Lol youll see. That thing fills up. It will plug up hose. Heres what that pos inline looked like. I did prevac first too.
1 gal. Paint filter in hf basket filter
Did you use a CRB on this job before extracting? Just curious about how filter life is with a CRB? I have TMF CRB, just haven't used it yet. Planning to start using it this week.

Jan 21, 2010
lancaster, ca
www.sammillerscarpetcare.net
Real Name
clayton miller
Business Location
United States
I was going to ask you what you thought of it but you already answered :p

I was at the Stone Pro Boot Camp a few years back and the owner of Dwell Pro was in the class with me. He did a quick demo of the unit to show me, I actually think it was the one going to you as he mentioned Sam and that you got it from an auction on another board.
Ya I got on another board. Auction sold it after I set it up and used it twice. He originally had the water hook up 50 ft and pump out hose 50 feet and all the cords attached to the machine. It’s was really heavy!

Even on a dolly was a beast to move.

Another guy on the board wanted it so bad and was bad he missed the dead line does a lot of work where he needs a porty.

Paid me cash what I paid for it.

I through in a crappy two jet shear wand that I bought from wanders for free.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Lol youll see. That thing fills up. It will plug up hose. Heres what that pos inline looked like. I did prevac first too.
Wow. Well, with my Nautilus, i'm thinking that if I use the nylon on the vac barb it can cause a block problem too, since it seems to be a pipe that goes down from the barb to the vacs. There is no tank behind the vac barb, just a pipe the size of the barb (I know you know this, just talking out loud here). So, now Im not so sure how this would work on my hose barb. To me, it would be the same problem as using the nylon at the wand side vac hose.
sock just hangs out the pvc into open waste tank.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Did you use a CRB on this job before extracting? Just curious about how filter life is with a CRB? I have TMF CRB, just haven't used it yet. Planning to start using it this week.
It will defiantly help. That time i did not. I just vac’d and scrubbed in enzall with oreck. I have a host machine. But it has no renovator trays. Still works just havnt used it since i have the 175 and oreck.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
How long filter will last per job will depend. Pets, fiber type, loop or is it pile, is it Bcf or staple fiber... staple fiber will break free no matter how much pre vacing you do. It is what it is. Loose fiber with cut ends. When its in loop still it will hold. But when cut to make pile they make millions of ends that break free. Luckily they are or were supposed to be axing staple fiber from carpet manufacturing. Wool is what it is. But nylon and poly should all go to bcf.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
I see the nylon will work in your situation. I may only use a nylon in my recovery tank pipe stack, because its the only place i can get it to hang out from a vac pipe and dangle into a larger shape hanging down from it into the recovery tank. Anyway, im glad it works for you in your hose barb on machine. Having it in my recovery tank i think i will not have much vac drag.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I see the nylon will work in your situation. I may only use a nylon in my recovery tank pipe stack, because its the only place i can get it to hang out from a vac pipe and dangle into a larger shape hanging down from it into the recovery tank. Anyway, im glad it works for you in your hose barb on machine. Having it in my recovery tank i think i will not have much vac drag.
I tried finding pic of the nautilus inside. But cant find any online. I thought the manual would have a schematic with blown up view of its parts. Youll figure out something. If you get an inline filter get a god one. Some say mytee makes a good one. Devastator. Theres another ive heard but dont remember the name. Just dont get that hydroforce one. I have to duct tape the lid or it has severe vacuum leak. It also leaks waste water because of leak. Not happy with that one at all.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
I tried finding pic of the nautilus inside. But cant find any online. I thought the manual would have a schematic with blown up view of its parts. Youll figure out something. If you get an inline filter get a god one. Some say mytee makes a good one. Devastator. Theres another ive heard but dont remember the name. Just dont get that hydroforce one. I have to duct tape the lid or it has severe vacuum leak. It also leaks waste water because of leak. Not happy with that one at all.
Ok. Wanders makes a filter for about 110 or something.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Here is a phone flash pic of the inside tank vac barb. First time i saw it. Your idea will work on the nautilus. Im glad you brought it up about finding a pic of the inside of the nautus, otherwise i would have been mistaken.d It caused me to go do a lighted pic to see in that tank. It was initially hard for me to figure out what it was like. Problem solved. I will use the nylon at the hose barb. Again thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
With a portable I think using the panty hose like keep it clean is describing works best, less leaks that lose lift(Les connections are better). If you put some of the panty hose in the barb and let some more into the tank as you clean, you are continuously revealing fresh panty hose and constantly renewing airflow and lift. While not perfect, it's still almost is good as it gets.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
With a portable I think using the panty hose like keep it clean is describing works best, less leaks that lose lift(Les connections are better). If you put some of the panty hose in the barb and let some more into the tank as you clean, you are continuously revealing fresh panty hose and constantly renewing airflow and lift. While not perfect, it's still almost is good as it gets.
Ok, im am glad that you weighed in on this. Cant wait to see the first yuck from this! Maybe this week.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I’m working on a DIY inline filter. Stay tuned!

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Anyone here ever use knee highs in a devestator?

Where are you guys getting knee highs in bulk?

Thanks

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Its not a sure thing putting the nylon in the hose barb. First time i tried it, it clogged up quickly at the outer entrance, and you could easily tell next to no suction. Took it out and kept going (only did living room). Next day, tried it again for master bedroom. Same initial problem. I cleaned it out, and reinserted it, trying to open it up. And it opened up wide into the barb. Then everything went very well. Suction was very good. I have attached two pics of after finishing master bedroom.

Attachments

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Its not a sure thing putting the nylon in the hose barb. First time i tried it, it clogged up quickly at the outer entrance, and you could easily tell next to no suction. Took it out and kept going (only did living room). Next day, tried it again for master bedroom. Same initial problem. I cleaned it out, and reinserted it, trying to open it up. And it opened up wide into the barb. Then everything went very well. Suction was very good. I have attached two pics of after finishing master bedroom.
Yeah you dont want it bunched up at inlet. I put it on and use stick or pencil or something to push it through so i can grab it from inside. And pull it in. So theres only bout 2” left just enough for cuff to slide over. This way there is more then enough hanging inside. Once you get going it should take the shape of the barb inside. And will expand to the size of your arm when full of lint. Just be careful of foam. Any foam and these become foam generators. Suck up a palm full of powder defoamer and poof foams gone. Even canister filter you will be using these socks or paint filters to catch debris. You will experience some cfm loss. But trade off is less to no fuzz stuck in your motors.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Yeah you dont want it bunched up at inlet. I put it on and use stick or pencil or something to push it through so i can grab it from inside. And pull it in. So theres only bout 2” left just enough for cuff to slide over. This way there is more then enough hanging inside. Once you get going it should take the shape of the barb inside. And will expand to the size of your arm when full of lint. Just be careful of foam. Any foam and these become foam generators. Suck up a palm full of powder defoamer and poof foams gone. Even canister filter you will be using these socks or paint filters to catch debris. You will experience some cfm loss. But trade off is less to no fuzz stuck in your motors.
You are right i need a defoamer. My recovery tank was foaming up (1 bdm only, rsf prespray, plus pre spotting, then robs alkaline rinse). I can imagine doing three rooms and the foam would go into the vac pipe!