Game Changer

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Push that sucker into hose barb then fold rest of sock around outside of barb. Push your hose cuff over it. It will hold in place. Dont worry. By end of job it will be stretched down to bottom of tank full of all kinds of nasty. Very little gets by it. Or you can do as others and put sock around pump out if possible.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Push that sucker into hose barb then fold rest of sock around outside of barb. Push your hose cuff over it. It will hold in place. Dont worry. By end of job it will be stretched down to bottom of tank full of all kinds of nasty. Very little gets by it. Or you can do as others and put sock around pump out if possible.
So, in the hose barb is another great spot for a knee high nylon? That seems great because of the location of it, at the front of a machine, not the back in the recovery tank. Maybe I should use one at the barb at the front of the Nautilus, and also in the recovery tank inlet thingy. In fact, I just found out from Jeff tonight how to put the nylon on the recovery tank (since I do not yet have an inline filter).

At the vac hose barb I would put a nylon around it, and let it dangle inside the barb. I wonder what would happen if it, ooops, fell inside of it?

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
So, in the hose barb is another great spot for a knee high nylon? That seems great because of the location of it, at the front of a machine, not the back in the recovery tank. Maybe I should use one at the barb at the front of the Nautilus, and also in the recovery tank inlet thingy. In fact, I just found out from Jeff tonight how to put the nylon on the recovery tank (since I do not yet have an inline filter).

At the vac hose barb I would put a nylon around it, and let it dangle inside the barb. I wonder what would happen if it, ooops, fell inside of it?
Hose barb on the machine just push sock in leaving some sticking out to wrap over outside of barb. Pull any slack into waste tank. Put your hose on over barb and sock to hold in place. Easy peasy

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
This is great, the hose barb thing you pointed out. So, here are my pics for it, and for my recovery tank. Notice the vac hose barb does not go directly into the recovery tank, which you likely already know. So, if it gets sucked in, well i guess it would then go thru the vacs, to the recovery tank. So, i will likely secure it more than just with the vac hose.

Attachments

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
This is great, the hose barb thing you pointed out. So, here are my pics for it, and for my recovery tank. Notice the vac hose barb does not go directly into the recovery tank, which you likely already know. So, if it gets sucked in, well i guess it would then go thru the vacs, to the recovery tank. So, i will likely secure it more than just with the vac hose.
Nah i did not know that. They have the barb plumbed to center of waste tank? Most usually stop right where they enter.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Very detailed manual they give you with that machine. Ignore the center one in waste tank its the stack. Didnt think it was part of the barb but you never know. You have it right here
just push it in best you can the more you can get in there the better. Put hose cuff on and get to cleaning. Fyi i wouldnt use it like that with dry soil. Particles will get through and go into motors. But fine for wet cleaning. When your running it. The sock will stretch out.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Ok, thanks man
Very detailed manual they give you with that machine. Ignore the center one in waste tank its the stack. Didnt think it was part of the barb but you never know. You have it right here
just push it in best you can the more you can get in there the better. Put hose cuff on and get to cleaning. Fyi i wouldnt use it like that with dry soil. Particles will get through and go into motors. But fine for wet cleaning. When your running it. The sock will stretch out.
Ok, thanks man. I got the knee highs, and am concerned it is tooooo looooong and will stretch father down toward the vacs at the bottom of the machine. Today, I shouulda asked the wife buy me the over the ankle ones or something, instead of the knee highs. Anyway, I am glad to find out about this for sure. Just to see how it goes, I will also keep the one on in the recovery stack. I may or may not do both. But the hose barb is by far my preferred location, easiest to access, etc. Great stuff! Thanks times 3 plus two!

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
You got it right on the manual thing too. Today, I opened up the unit, very easy to do, and changed it from the stock serial vac to parallel. Nicked a metal clasp thing on my wrist, a little cut. Other than that, it was not hard to change from serial to parallel vac. When both 8.4 vacs are on, they do create a lot of vacuum/CFM's.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ok, thanks man
Ok, thanks man. I got the knee highs, and am concerned it is tooooo looooong and will stretch father down toward the vacs at the bottom of the machine. Today, I shouulda asked the wife buy me the over the ankle ones or something, instead of the knee highs. Anyway, I am glad to find out about this for sure. Just to see how it goes, I will also keep the one on in the recovery stack. I may or may not do both. But the hose barb is by far my preferred location, easiest to access, etc. Great stuff! Thanks times 3 plus two!
Just make sure it doesnt get sucked down into there. Some have cage over stack. Yours looks different. If it gets pulled in. Theres nothing to stop it from getting caught in motor.

You shouldnt have a problem. Ive used the knee high ones. Once wet they just hang down to bottom.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Great idea, I have not needed to use my portable for a few years but I will remember this. Come to think about it I better pull out the portable from my storage shed and make sure the pump and vacs are still working :eek:

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Just make sure it doesnt get sucked down into there. Some have cage over stack. Yours looks different. If it gets pulled in. Theres nothing to stop it from getting caught in motor.

You shouldnt have a problem. Ive used the knee high ones. Once wet they just hang down to bottom.
Why not just use a nylon at the wand end of the vac hose? Whats the difference/benefits?

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

Why not just use a nylon at the wand end of the vac hose? Whats the difference/benefits?
Lol youll see. That thing fills up. It will plug up hose. Heres what that pos inline looked like. I did prevac first too.
1 gal. Paint filter in hf basket filter

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Lol youll see. That thing fills up. It will plug up hose. Heres what that pos inline looked like. I did prevac first too.
1 gal. Paint filter in hf basket filter
Wow. Well, with my Nautilus, i'm thinking that if I use the nylon on the vac barb it can cause a block problem too, since it seems to be a pipe that goes down from the barb to the vacs. There is no tank behind the vac barb, just a pipe the size of the barb (I know you know this, just talking out loud here). So, now Im not so sure how this would work on my hose barb. To me, it would be the same problem as using the nylon at the wand side vac hose.