Furniture Store cleaning nightmare ! ! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Furniture Store cleaning nightmare ! !

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I’m cleaning carpets tomorrow, in a 9K sf ( jam packed ), furniture store. I figured its gong to take 6-8 hrs.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I’m cleaning carpets tomorrow, in a 9K sf ( jam packed ), furniture store. I figured its gong to take 6-8 hrs.
You're very brave man. I like to move fast, 9K sqf open floor buffet took two of us 3.5 hours, I did it in 7..5 hours on my own. Furniture store is going to be a nightmare, layers upon layers of soil, you better sure your chemistry is right. Obviously this is not your first dance...
Good luck anyways and let us know how it went. There is always room for improvement .

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Furniture store nightmare turned out to be like Hunter Biden’s laptop. I predicted 6-8 hrs • • turned out 23.5 hrs with two of us. 350’ of vac / sol. hoses snaking through tight, narrow passages describes everything you can imagine a carpet cleaner dreads.

There were no entry mats. The CGD ( commercial glue down ), were packed, packed w dirt and soil. To make matters worse, rugs were GLUED to the CGD interrupting the “flow” everywhere • • never mind the furniture and Knick-knacks. The store was open for business and it was packed this weekend. Customers weaving and bobbing through piles of hoses stretched all around the floor. I praise God no one slipped and ? ?

• • • wanna know how much I made per / hr. ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Johnny Bravo

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
You're very brave man. I like to move fast, 9K sqf open floor buffet took two of us 3.5 hours, I did it in 7..5 hours on my own. Furniture store is going to be a nightmare, layers upon layers of soil, you better sure your chemistry is right. Obviously this is not your first dance...
Good luck anyways and let us know how it went. There is always room for improvement .
I had no browning, wicking stains • • PTL !
Everything turned out fine.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
How much per hour ? What wand did you use ?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I haven't heard much good about the rotary dri master, have you ever tried the Zipper?

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I haven't heard much good about the rotary dri master, have you ever tried the Zipper?
I’ve used mainly the RX-20 for years ( never ever ever used a wand • • they SUCK baaahhh humbug ), anyway, I’d pull out the RDM for GD’s and super clean anal people kind of stuff. Then all three RX-20’s went down.
Pulled out the RDM & never looked back • • that’s been about 6 years w only using RDM’s. I’ve rebuilt a few from the parts machines ( gotta have spares for everything ).

I can do a commercial building area in about the same time as a wand w 80% less water. They hold up great accept the bottom plate is the Aquilese heel. My machine’s heat melts the aluminum diverter. The reason it lasts as long as it has is because I run about 250 psi
( unless I’m doing a manageable shag ). I definitely have to have a couple manufactured • • burned through two already.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Zippers and CX-15’s ( I think they’re called ? ). I’d love feedback on comparability between the three or four :

RDM / CX-15 / Zipper / wand

Probably won’t find many who use all three as regulars.
Id like to hear about speed, dry times, and man, just as important • • maneuverability. I can do things w my RDM no wand can In tight spaces. Wish they were back in production ! !

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Zippers and CX-15’s ( I think they’re called ? ). I’d love feedback on comparability between the three or four :

RDM / CX-15 / Zipper / wand

Probably won’t find many who use all three as regulars.
Id like to hear about speed, dry times, and man, just as important • • maneuverability. I can do things w my RDM no wand can In tight spaces. Wish they were back in production ! !
Ok, what is an RDM?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I've tried the CX-15 wasn't impressed, plus it only cleans pulling backwards.

We just bought the Zipper SS so I'm currently evaluating it.

We use the Trex for both commercial and residential to great success. We are hoping the Zipper is faster with same quality for CGD

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis

We use the Trex for both commercial and residential to great success. We are hoping the Zipper is faster with same quality for CGD
Is it cleaning while pulling back and forth kinda only
( like a tile spinner • will it move side to side with ease )

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis

Two things about the T-Rex I’m not too sure about is the snag problem and the • • • aaahhhhh • weight !

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis

Please tell us how well that Zipper cleans ( likes / dis’s ). What‘s your truckmount ?

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Two things about the T-Rex I’m not too sure about is the snag problem and the • • • aaahhhhh • weight !
I think the Rex weighs in at close to 78 lbs.?
The RX-20 are just 10 lbs. lighter • • both pigs. How well does the Rex recover ?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I have the new Apex 570 from Sapphire.

So far we really like the Zipper, cleans well and amazingly fast (it's the spinner version), we've only had the T-Rex snag a CGD once time, and the carpet was already damaged so I can't really blame the T-Rex.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I have the new Apex 570 from Sapphire.

So far we really like the Zipper, cleans well and amazingly fast (it's the spinner version), we've only had the T-Rex snag a CGD once time, and the carpet was already damaged so I can't really blame the T-Rex.

I didn’t know the Zipper came any other way ( a non spinner CX-15 ) ?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I have 2 Mytee T Rex rotary and love them. I got tired of the weight as well so I went ab nd purchased the T Rex Jr. The thing is a breeze to carry around.