Full Time or Part Time | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Full Time or Part Time

MD'z Floors & More

Apr 1, 2013
Real Name
Quintin Riley
How many of you out there are full time with cc'ing & how long did it take to make the transition?

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
How many of you out there are full time with cc'ing & how long did it take to make the transition?
I am part time and my husband is Full time. No real transition period. We contracted out our first three years to the person already working for.

Reactions: MD'z Floors & More

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Took about a year to get to the point I was making more part time cleaning carpet than I was making working at Kmart:). Been goong full time for the last 19 years.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Took about a year to get to the point I was making more part time cleaning carpet than I was making working at Kmart:). Been goong full time for the last 19 years.
Should have took about 20 minutes before making more than Kmart pays!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I was garden shop manager:) making 12.50 an hour, not bad for the 90's
Boy I'll say....If you learned how to grow weed..by now you'd be a Zillionaire! That is Great Money especially in Fla. Not sure the Mayors...excluding what they Steal! Makes that much

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
I was full time out of the gate. It took 6 months of parts time doing commercial sales before I was working full time. Now I stay busy enough that I haven't done in hands on sales since last fall.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I was full time out of the gate. It took 6 months of parts time doing commercial sales before I was working full time. Now I stay busy enough that I haven't done in hands on sales since last fall.
Isn't that the Best feeling when you know you have Made it?

elementcarpet

Nov 23, 2011
Peoria, Az
Real Name
Gary Throckmorton
Business Location
United States
Full time as of 10 months ago. I worked graveyards for years then would do 1 or 2 jobs in the morning after work.

Reactions: MD'z Floors & More

MD'z Floors & More

Apr 1, 2013
Real Name
Quintin Riley
Full time as of 10 months ago. I worked graveyards for years then would do 1 or 2 jobs in the morning after work.
I know your pain! I did the same thing once b4. I work 2 days one week and 3days the next week"second shift" at a local hospital currently to have a guaranteed check coming in. Ready to let it go tho, just need to have MORE & consistent $ rolling in from cc.

elementcarpet

Nov 23, 2011
Peoria, Az
Real Name
Gary Throckmorton
Business Location
United States
I know your pain! I did the same thing once b4. I work 2 days one week and 3days the next week"second shift" at a local hospital currently to have a guaranteed check coming in. Ready to let it go tho, just need to have MORE & consistent $ rolling in from cc.
It was scary for me to leave my full time job. My wife stays home with the kids so it's all on me. We had medical/dental through my employer which made it harder to leave. Graveyards was taking a toll on my family and my health, so we came up with a exit plan.
So glad I did it, I am so happy. You will find that you will work 100 times harder to build your business and book those jobs when you don't have a fallback.

David G.

Aug 30, 2013
Real Name
David Gibson
Business Location
United States
I bought my company as an existing company 2 years ago, From the get go I started full time, I have found good friends locally who own other carpet companies that have helped with all my questions and concerns. I have been fortunate in my transition!

Reactions: elementcarpet