Heuzy

Oct 23, 2013
Berri, South Australia
www.dhcarpetcleaning.com.au
Real Name
Darren Heuzenroeder
Business Location
Australia
Hi guys. Just wondering what you guys do to prevent fuel vaporising in your truckounts. It was 44 degrees celsius here today in South Australia. About 111 fahrenheit. Only booked jobs to lunch but the 18hp briggs on my hydramaster 318 still locked up with fuel vaporising. This is despite a thermal van in the van and an air mover set up outside of the van pushing air through the machine. Just wondering if there are any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Make sure that your fuel line isn't near the engine exhaust or HX system first thing. Set the fan so that it is blowing across the unit towards the back of the van, with the back doors open that will help push the hot air out of your van. I have seen a thermal wrap that has a reflective surface on it that slides over the fuel line.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Hi guys. Just wondering what you guys do to prevent fuel vaporising in your truckounts. It was 44 degrees celsius here today in South Australia. About 111 fahrenheit. Only booked jobs to lunch but the 18hp briggs on my hydramaster 318 still locked up with fuel vaporising. This is despite a thermal van in the van and an air mover set up outside of the van pushing air through the machine. Just wondering if there are any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Put your air mover inside the van blow it right on your machine
I’ve almost considered putting a sprinkler on and running the van underneath
Use your choke to get it started should be ok when running it’s just the heat soak between jobs that’s the problem
Run TM with heat switched off
Will be surprisingly hot without

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Put your air mover inside the van blow it right on your machine
I’ve almost considered putting a sprinkler on and running the van underneath
Use your choke to get it started should be ok when running it’s just the heat soak between jobs that’s the problem
Run TM with heat switched off
Will be surprisingly hot without

Consider adding a marine primer bulb on the incoming fuel line right at the engine. A super hot mount not only diesel's at shut off, but siphons fuel out of the float bowl on the way to the next job. Priming the bulb until rigid and starting at ¾ throttle will correct a lot of super hot start issues. I can do back to back starts in the summer on the slide in with the above method with out killing your battery. Nobody will tell you this stuff, you have to learn it the hard way.