Fuel Tap For 2006 Ford E 250 Small Hose | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fuel Tap For 2006 Ford E 250 Small Hose

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I'm installing a Prochem Legend in my 2006 ford E250, and the fill pipe is really small.
Like an oversized garden hose.
Anyone do one of these with a do it yourself kit yet?
I've studied the threads where guys made up their own kits, but the fill tubes were big, like a radiator hose, nothing like mine.
As soon as I figure out how to log in from my phone, I'll post some pics.

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
I'm installing a Prochem Legend in my 2006 ford E250, and the fill pipe is really small.
Like an oversized garden hose.
Anyone do one of these with a do it yourself kit yet?
I've studied the threads where guys made up their own kits, but the fill tubes were big, like a radiator hose, nothing like mine.
As soon as I figure out how to log in from my phone, I'll post some pics.
This is what you want... part number 66-031 from any Interlink supply store. Should be around 20 bucks. Why would you want to "rig" a fuel system when the right part is this cheap?
DSC03601.JPG

Reactions: rico

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
This is what you want... part number 66-031 from any Interlink supply store. Should be around 20 bucks. Why would you want to "rig" a fuel system when the right part is this cheap?View attachment 58009
You da man wuznmee!!! Thanks!!!
Well, to answer your question, my local supplier wants $630 for a kit, with tap only, no pump, line or anything else.
That's why I'd rig it. :(:mad::confused:
But I figured one of you guys would come up with a better solution. :cool::cool::cool:

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
You da man wuznmee!!! Thanks!!!
Well, to answer your question, my local supplier wants $630 for a kit, with tap only, no pump, line or anything else.
That's why I'd rig it. :(:mad::confused:
But I figured one of you guys would come up with a better solution. :cool::cool::cool:
No problem... You need a new supplier, you can buy that entire kit from the manufacturer (TransferFlo) direct for about 175.00. Have a great New Year!

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Sorry guys, my computer is down so you need to call your local dealers with parts questions.
Talked to a rep at SLC store, he could not find that part number, or that part.
I would appreciate any help you can provide in locating it.
Happy New Year my friend, be safe!

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I am transferring my hydramaster maxx 450 from a 2005 Chevy to a 2006 ford van, is this what I need?

http://www.jondon.com/ea-fuel-install-kit.html
The fill hose on my E250 is only 1 1/2 inches in diameter, outside diameter, which means it's just over an inch inside diameter. Very small, makes me wonder how long it's going to take to fill the tank once the tap is installed.

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
The fill hose on my E250 is only 1 1/2 inches in diameter, outside diameter, which means it's just over an inch inside diameter. Very small, makes me wonder how long it's going to take to fill the tank once the tap is installed.
Ok... so, we're lucky you didn't find that one anyway. It's too small. Believe it or not, there's one even smaller then you have at 7/8 OD. (talk about slowing down the fuel flow, lol) I've got the one you need, 1 1/16 OD sitting here on my desk. Message me with your phone number and we'll figure out how to get it to you.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Ok... so, we're lucky you didn't find that one anyway. It's too small. Believe it or not, there's one even smaller then you have at 7/8 OD. (talk about slowing down the fuel flow, lol) I've got the one you need, 1 1/16 OD sitting here on my desk. Message me with your phone number and we'll figure out how to get it to you.
I'm guesstimating the ID on the filler hose since I don't know the wall thickness.
I doubt it's 1/4" thick tho, so 1 1/16 might work.
Check your messages.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Welllll? Did you get the part and install it and everything works just like it's supposed to? I've got the same truck and am trying to find the right way to fuel tap it.
I got the tap from wuzznee (thanks by the way Wuzzee lol)
But I haven't tried to install it, I don't want to remove the hose from the fuel tank, it's a bit to get at the clamps, and I'm hoping I can just cut the hose, remove a half inch, and put the fuel tap tee in that way.
But I've been too busy to work on it, and too tired after work and on weekends, finishing up a 60,000 sq ft job tomorrow, so hopefully this week I'll find the energy and time to dig into it.
I'm not positive the tap I got is the right size, but I decided to give it a shot anyway.
I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: lmullica

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Thanks! Looking forward to your thoughts.
Right now I think its a pita (pain in the ass) lol
I'll be so happy once I get it hooked up so I can run the machine properly and test everything else out.
Meanwhile I'm learning step by step what makes it tick.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I put it together and installed it yesterday, went exactly as hoped for.
Total cost of materials, less than $100, including a cutting tool to cut the fuel hose without removing it.
I'll follow up if anyone is interested, or you can PM me for details.
Thanks everyone, it's so sweet to have it running!