Fuel Tank For Trailer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ron Danahy

Dec 9, 2011
Missouri
Real Name
Ron Danahy
Business Location
United States
I'm putting my TM in a trailer and finding a fuel tank has become quite a chore. What do others do and where do I find it???

Feb 6, 2009
usa
Real Name
shawn fisher
personally i have trucks, but i hear folks with trailers use marine tanks

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I have always used these on my trailer set ups...

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
You might try summit racing search fuel cells on their webb site theyre pretty affordable and you can get aluminum or abs plastic.

beecarpet

Mar 19, 2012
Missouri
Real Name
Richard Rehbein
Business Location
United States
I have a 17 gallon marine fuel tank I installed in the nose of the trailer. You can find them at bass pro or cabelas. I cut a filler hole and ran marine grade fuel hose to the tank. I also vented the tank and hooked up a fuel gauage so no guesswork. works great has for 15 years. The big problem I was having with the tank on the tongue was condensation in the fuel tank. water in the gas is BAD. people steeling gas

Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
On my first trailer mount I had a guy that made custom auxiliary fuel tanks for RV's, trucks etc make me one. It was great, fit under the trailer right behind the tongue, with a fuel neck spout and locking gas cap on front of trailer. Guy disappeared and I can't find him anymore. Now I use the spun aluminum ones like $1K. Try an on line search. Off road People use them for sand rails, dune buggies, etc.

Feb 16, 2011
North Carolina
Real Name
Gerald Walker
Business Location
United States
Been using a plastic 5 gal marine tank bought at swap shop for $5.00 , mounted in trailer, (lp tanks mounted on tounge), no problems.

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
I would suggest looking at some of these places: Northern Tool, a chain farm supply store, auto racing shop, ect. They all will carry some type of fuel tank replacement/additional tank.

Latest posts