ASA - FSR, does it work? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

ASA FSR, does it work?

TFT.Tim

May 1, 2013
Houston, Tx
I'm sure we all know what a hassle filtration soil can be. I've always tried to get it up as best I can, and usually end up with a "that's permanent" look on my face. I just looked up a product called FSR, or filtration soil remover. As the name suggests its should rid of us filtration soiling. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried this product or anything similar, claiming to remove filtration soiling. Any tips on how to take out filtration soiling without buying these specialized products?

Priceless

User
Dec 9, 2009
California
Real Name
Kevin Price
Business Location
United States
More like 40 vol peroxide or a powder like OSR will work.The problem with Oxyclean, are the other ingredients.

TFT.Tim

May 1, 2013
Houston, Tx
Really?? I love OSR, so I got plenty of it. Citrus solv is also part of my pre spray mix, so I got plenty of that too. Can't wait to try it out now. Thanks for the advice! About how much of each should I mix? And have you tried any of these products that claim to take out FS? If so, any luck?

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
Fels is a laundry soap bar you can get at walmart for $1. You wet the spot first, rub a little fels on it then as terry said, rinse and rinse

TFT.Tim

May 1, 2013
Houston, Tx
Gotta try that too! I was always under the impression that filtration soiling isn't actual soil but rather damage done to the carpet BY soil. ...it's why I've always given up on bad looking FS lines. Have I been wrong this whole time?

Priceless

User
Dec 9, 2009
California
Real Name
Kevin Price
Business Location
United States
If you are using OSR then I assume you know not to use too hot of water?As far as how much to use,I add 3 scoops and 2-3 onces of citrus in with my prespray.Use a glideless wand to get closer to the baseboard.You can also try it in a spray bottle without the pretreat.

TFT.Tim

May 1, 2013
Houston, Tx
Nice! Can't wait to try it. I'd rather use it my pre spray. I was always taught to use warm water with OSR. Why not too hot with the water? Just curious.

Gotta try that too! I was always under the impression that filtration soiling isn't actual soil but rather damage done to the carpet BY soil. ...it's why I've always given up on bad looking FS lines. Have I been wrong this whole time?
Flitration lines are exactly that.
Normally found around the baseboard or under a closet door.
When we heat an area of the home the heat rises creating a draught, hence it is sucking the cold air from these areas which contain soiling or fumes/gases which are then filtered through the carpet fibres as it is drawn into the new environment.

Reactions: spotman123

TFT.Tim

May 1, 2013
Houston, Tx
Thanks for that mick! I really like learning the exact reason or chemistry behind cleaning issues like this. Really helps me when I talk it over with clients, by the way, you don't mind if I snatch those words out of your post and share em with my naggy clients, do you??

Thanks for that mick! I really like learning the exact reason or chemistry behind cleaning issues like this. Really helps me when I talk it over with clients, by the way, you don't mind if I snatch those words out of your post and share em with my naggy clients, do you??
Not at all Tim
No doubt i was taught this along the way so to pass it on further is the least i can do.

Scott Warrington

Since filtration lines are caused by air passing through the carpet along the baseboard or under doors as Mick explained, the exact type of soil in each home will be different. Some have a defective or misadjusted heating system. Other homes burn candles. Some may have had a fire or be near a major highway with lots of vehicle exhaust, maybe there is some factory polluting the air nearby.

The point is that each job will be different. A filtration soil remover that works well on one job may only do OK on the next situation. I like to have at least 2 options for every job. FSR is good. Bridgepoint Filter Free is another good option. Many times a heavy duty prespray with solvent for degreasing works well. Fels work good buts will resoil quickly.

In some cases restretching and trimming off the heavily soiled edge is the only option.

Caulking along the bottom of the baseboard can prevent the return of filtration soil once the carpet has been cleaned.