French terracotta

fboet

Aug 24, 2006
Miami, Fl.
Real Name
Frank Boet
Business Location
United States
Looked at a french terracotta floor today. I spot cleaned it with 2790. It took the sealer off and some red dye transferred onto the towel. What's the right way to clean and seal this floor?
I was thinking of mopping on 2790 and turbo cleaning with Hybrid set at 800-900 psi, speed drying with airmover and applying 2-4 coats of Spinergy Revive Enhancer. Am I on the right track?

Thanks
Frank

safeclean

Sep 19, 2006
Australia
www.safeclean.com.au
Real Name
Craig McClymont
Business Location
Australia
It is sometimes normal to have color bleed, are you sure it is terracotta?

Your plan sounds fine, is there a topical coat on the tile and grout if so a stripper maybe better to use as the grout will be the drama trying to remove a topical coat. Let it dry for a few days before applying a sealer enhancer. If you can get away with using just a high alkaline great but I think a stripper would be a better option and do not use your turbo to rinse of use a shop vac first than turbo away.

fboet

Aug 24, 2006
Miami, Fl.
Real Name
Frank Boet
Business Location
United States
Thank you.
It looks like terracotta and the customer said it was French Terracotta. I thought of removing all the gunk with a gekko wand before I hit it with the TH. I think the 2790 will remove the sealer.

It is sometimes normal to have color bleed, are you sure it is terracotta?

Your plan sounds fine, is there a topical coat on the tile and grout if so a stripper maybe better to use as the grout will be the drama trying to remove a topical coat. Let it dry for a few days before applying a sealer enhancer. If you can get away with using just a high alkaline great but I think a stripper would be a better option and do not use your turbo to rinse of use a shop vac first than turbo away.