Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Random thoughts-------

Concerning the cold weather and equipment
Do any of our chems when in solution provide any moderate freeze protection. ?
I usually run Dry Slurry, If run through system and maybe a little stronger at the end will it stay liquid a bit longer than plain water?

Don't get me wrong , no plan on this being SOP. JUst curious.

I haven't done it yet, but I am going to leave some rinses out when we get below freeezing again and see what happens.

but , sometimes these stupid musings don't get put into action. LOL I don't donow why I think of these things while driving around.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
A lot of chemicals will freeze at a lower temp than plain water. How much lower will depend on the chemical and how it is mixed. I've got some product that will freeze at 30 degrees and others that won't freeze until below 20. I don't think that's a bad bit of info to have either. How long can something sit in the cold before it freezes, or how long a machine with chemical still in the line can sit idle before it risks freezing. Might help you decide if something breaks down on the job, is it worth trying to fix on site of should you get it into a war shop.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Try pouring some products into smaller containers. May speed up freezing but you’ll be able to see which are sensitive and which aren’t.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The only thing I've noticed that seems to be more susceptible to freezing than anything else are liquid peroxide spotters. I've seen on a few occasions where they developed ice crystals when nothing else did. I have no idea why, but it did happen. The only thing I've seen permanently damaged by freezing have been protectants. I'm sure some can thaw out and be fine while others can't.