Freelance Xactimate figuring | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Freelance Xactimate figuring

Discussion in 'Water Damage, Fire & Mold Restoration' started by Jamison the Clean Pro, Sep 13, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Jamison the Clean Pro

May 18, 2016
    Male
    Carpet cleaning
    Muskogee, OK
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've been approached about figuring some jobs on Xactimate for a local company that's down doing hurricane work right now.

What's a good way to charge for doing this? Flat rate per job, hourly charge, percentage of bill?

2. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,278 / 7 / -0
    Your license probably does not allow you to do that. It would deprive Exactimate of revenue that they are entitled to as the company that is doing that work should have their own license for using the software.

3. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,278 / 7 / -0
    I see you are from Muskogee, OK. You are not one of my Choctaw brothers are you?

4. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,437 / 11 / -1
    Actually, there are a number of companies who provide the service of Xactimate pricing. They even work with Xactimate on promoting the service and doing training.

I am not sure if they have a different license. But the companies that do the estimates do have licensed software.

Generally, it is priced by a percentage of the job. Motivates the estimate guy to make sure nothing gets over-looked that should be charged for.

Since this is new service for you, I would think by the hour would be a good starting place.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jamison the Clean Pro

May 18, 2016
    Male
    Carpet cleaning
    Muskogee, OK
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The Choctaws are further south; Muskogee is in the Muscogee Creek Nation, and the Cherokee Nation is across the river.

Thanks for the input, Scott. That's kinda what I figured.

6. Jamison the Clean Pro

May 18, 2016
    Male
    Carpet cleaning
    Muskogee, OK
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The Choctaws are further south; Muskogee is in the Muscogee Creek Nation, and the Cherokee Nation is across the river.

Thanks for the input, Scott. That's kinda what I figured.

7. Cat 3

Cat 3 Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +133 / 1 / -0
    We outsource our estimates when we are behind and I really like it. We sketch the home and send very good photos to the estimator and get the estimate back in a couple days. I still need to go through it and make sure there are no petty charges. I also may add some things but they give me a good baseline to add or subtract as needed and get the estimate out asap.

8. Cat 3

Cat 3 Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +133 / 1 / -0
    Just remember the estimate is as only as good as the info provided to the estimator. Also just like adjusters, some write high and many write very low. There are thousands of Xactimate codes and a good estimator will utilize them. I see too many estimates that are missing soooo many line items that you will loose your tail on the job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. johnp94

Premium VIP

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Self employed carpet cleaner
    San Diego
    Ratings:
    +753 / 7 / -0
    Who do you use ?

10. Cat 3

Cat 3 Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +133 / 1 / -0
    My contact is slammed with storm stuff right now but I would recommend networking with local Independent Adjusters and they will be a great resource for you and can also refer work to you.

11. DamageClean

DamageClean Active Member

Apr 25, 2010
    iowa
    Ratings:
    +341 / 0 / -0
    We charge 2% for claims up to $10,000 with a $100 minimum. $10,000 - $100,000 is 1.5%. $100,001 and up is 1% with a $1500 minimum.

Your prices may need to be higher since I suspect you don't have 100's of macros to run SO I would google places to purchase a bunch of macros to assist in your estimates AND to speed up estimating times.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cat 3

Cat 3 Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +133 / 1 / -0
    How do you get the MOST accurate info to write it up? Do you go off our paperwork or do you provide paperwork you already have in place to get things to you in the right format?

13. DamageClean

DamageClean Active Member

Apr 25, 2010
    iowa
    Ratings:
    +341 / 0 / -0
    Cat3,

Great question! The short story is "training" everyone HOW to do a scope sheet, tons of pics and how to sketch correctly. We don't have any forms but send examples of "how to prepare your claim for a proper estimate" Its time consuming on the front end but saves a ton of time overall.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lance Tone

Lance Tone New Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    What is the cost to outsource?

15. Cat 3

Cat 3 Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Male