Fraudulent Practices by Aztec/Interlink Financial

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SJCarpet

May 9, 2018
Real Name
Chris Garifalos
I leased a Prochem Legend GT in November, 2016 from Aztec/Interlink. From the beginning it was a complete disaster. 11 months into the lease, Interlink said I owed a past due amount of $4300. I checked my records, my books showed I was current. They argued with me and offered no explanation as to how they came up with that figure. I asked for a payment history report, and when received, it was in such a confusing format that I had to take it to my accountant to decipher. When it still didn't make sense, I asked for my own report with specific fields so I knew where my money was being allocated. It took almost 3 months to get the report, and again, the format was like nothing I've seen. At times they emailed me, and the overdue balance actually went down. Another time, it went up by $3000. After a year of back and forth, a customer service manager called me and said that I actually was current, and their numbers were wrong. After a year of harassment?! She couldn't explain to me what happened. Has anyone else had this type of experience with this lender? I called the state of Utah and they only research personal financial inquiries. I went to an attorney who wouldn't touch the case because it was too small and suggested a class action suit. I'd like to know if anyone has been through something like this with Aztec/Interlink. Something is definitely off with this company.

Aug 30, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
Real Name
Angela Buckendorf
Business Location
United States
I leased a Prochem Legend GT in November, 2016 from Aztec/Interlink...
Hey SJ, Angie here from Aztec Financial. I've asked our customer service manager to give you a call to discuss the information that was previously provided and to give you any additional information you may need. I've also spoken with our Senior Manager, Bruce, and he has provided his cell phone number so that you can call at a time that is convenient for you. You can reach him at 801-793-8898.

We want to clear up any miscommunication that has occurred and make sure any questions you have are answered to your satisfaction. For privacy reasons I can't discuss your account details online, just know that we are here to help you as much as possible.

Oct 23, 2012
Real Name
Brett Clifford
I leased a Prochem Legend GT in November, 2016 from Aztec/Interlink. From the beginning it was a complete disaster. 11 months into the lease, Interlink said I owed a past due amount of $4300. I checked my records, my books showed I was current. They argued with me and offered no explanation as to how they came up with that figure. I asked for a payment history report, and when received, it was in such a confusing format that I had to take it to my accountant to decipher. When it still didn't make sense, I asked for my own report with specific fields so I knew where my money was being allocated. It took almost 3 months to get the report, and again, the format was like nothing I've seen. At times they emailed me, and the overdue balance actually went down. Another time, it went up by $3000. After a year of back and forth, a customer service manager called me and said that I actually was current, and their numbers were wrong. After a year of harassment?! She couldn't explain to me what happened. Has anyone else had this type of experience with this lender? I called the state of Utah and they only research personal financial inquiries. I went to an attorney who wouldn't touch the case because it was too small and suggested a class action suit. I'd like to know if anyone has been through something like this with Aztec/Interlink. Something is definitely off with this company.
Sorry you are going through all this. I have been dealing with Aztec for several years now and have never had any difficulties. At times, they seem a bit slow in getting back to me, but they always do. Good luck to you in the future!

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
I hope they refund you for time spent dealing with that nonsense. I’ll def never finance thru them after hearing this. That’s crazy!

Aug 30, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
Real Name
Angela Buckendorf
Business Location
United States
I'd suggest not ignoring your lender, whether it is Aztec or someone else. When you stop communicating, you force them into escalating the situation - and that's bad business for everyone involved.

We'll keep trying to work things out until it becomes apparent the business owner no longer wants to. We'll offer multiple options, explain things to the best of our ability, and provide documentation to support situations as they arise. We make mistakes - and when we do, we own up to them and take steps to remedy them. It's never a one way street, though, it takes communication from both parties. When you cut that off - you cut off the opportunity to get things back on track.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I hope they refund you for time spent dealing with that nonsense. I’ll def never finance thru them after hearing this. That’s crazy!

If a customer wrote you off because of one bad review, you'd feel bad. You wouldn't want them to do that, right?

Then offer the same courtesy to other companies.

I have had dozens of guys finance through Aztec, with not a SINGLE issue ever coming up. And the one repo we experienced, the guy flat-out admitted he didn't want the machine, stopped paying for it, and gladly had it taken back so he could move to be with his hot new rich girlfriend, lol.

Banks can finance vehicles, but they tend not to be keen on financing truckmounts because what on Earth are they going to do with it once it's theirs? They don't have a big demand for such things. Aztec, on the other hand, always has a market for used equipment, so they're going to be more apt to offer financing on the whole rig to guys who may not qualify through the bank.

Are their rates sometimes more expensive, since they're taking more of a risk on some credit scores? Of course. Why wouldn't they be? But getting that "yes" when the bank says "no" has made a lot of my local guys very very happy.

I have NO problem recommending them to my guys, because I have years upon years of positive feedback from the many fellows already using them in our area.

NONE of this is to say that the OP didn't have a bad experience. I don't know, I'm not in his shoes. I'm not trying to take away from his own personal viewpoint of the company, because that's HIS experience and not MINE. But I do want to stand by a company that has helped a lot of my local guys start their businesses, 100%.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
I'd suggest not ignoring your lender, whether it is Aztec or someone else. When you stop communicating, you force them into escalating the situation - and that's bad business for everyone involved.

We'll keep trying to work things out until it becomes apparent the business owner no longer wants to. We'll offer multiple options, explain things to the best of our ability, and provide documentation to support situations as they arise. We make mistakes - and when we do, we own up to them and take steps to remedy them. It's never a one way street, though, it takes communication from both parties. When you cut that off - you cut off the opportunity to get things back on track.
See you automatically believe it is always your customer's fault. IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES. LENDERS DO NOT HAVE SPECIAL OR EXTRA RIGHTS. YOU ARE ONE PARTY TO A CONTRACT JUST LIKE YOUR CUSTOMER.

I would totally destroy you guys in a lawsuit.

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
I would rather deal with my local banks or credit union, seeing their smiling faces daily. I financed 3 TMs with them.. Much better than dealing with them, then a long distance company 1 yr. problems and phone calls.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
This is such a bizarre thread. You have a contract to make monthly payments. You either made them or you didn’t. Something isn’t right. How hard can it be to verify 11 payments?
Reread. Problem is he made his payments and then the lender says he still owes lots of money.