Found used Jaguar 8.4

Nehemiahq

Jul 31, 2018
Edinburg, tx
Real Name
Nehemiah Quiroga
So I've been looking to buy a portable set up and I came across a used Jaguar 8.4 for $500. Owner claims they have replaced vacuum motors but I might need to replace pump. This price seems a little too good, so I'm pretty skeptical. Any suggestions on what to look for? They stated it has been used heavily.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Right being skeptical . Either PM Ed Valentine or give Cross American a call . Don’t know what pump and motor Ed uses but I would bet the pump is rebuildable .
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: Jimsteam and Cody G

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
So I've been looking to buy a portable set up and I came across a used Jaguar 8.4 for $500. Owner claims they have replaced vacuum motors but I might need to replace pump. This price seems a little too good, so I'm pretty skeptical. Any suggestions on what to look for? They stated it has been used heavily.
A pair of 8.4s : $300 from Kleen-rite New pump head @ $300 from Dultmiers or pump and motor $600

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Johnny;

Thank you for the mention.

Actually, I responded to his e-mail to myself and based on the information, I advised him against the purchase even though it was a Cross-American model. And, Jimsteam kind of put the hammer down in his thread #8 above.

I wish Nehemiahq the very best in his search.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Of course I love modifying and tinkering. But for $500 just the rotomolded shell to me would be worth it. I’ve not owned a Jaguar am I missing something?

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
I need to rephrase this and agree with Ricky . However I would use 8.4s which is what the Jaguar was designed for .
Sorry Ed but if this was closer I would grab this for $500 in a heartbeat .
Absolutely agree with you Jimsteam . About the only thing that would keep me from buying it ?? Well , if it were shot full of holes I suppose I’d have to think awhile on it !! Haven’t seen the machine but I’d bet money given some TLC it would be a great money maker .
JMHO with all due respect and apologies to Mr . Valentine .
All the Best , Ed

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
No apologies need from the terrific Gentlemen above whom have commented in their opinions.

I made my suggestion to the (unsuspecting) potential purchaser on the basis on our past experience , specifically, in this particular situation having read his e-mail in detail. Honestly, even though a used JAGUAR is rare, I have witnessed a couple past "used" models being sold which were really "used up" and the unfortunate purchaser whom was only buying on price got it in the behind big time.

I do understand that several of the above Operators offering their comments are making it based on their --knowledge-- of re-doing equipment. These individuals, ex: James Morrow, can obviously do it without question, however, perhaps not in this particular situation.

That was the basis for my opinion. I just never want anyone who works so hard to throw their money down a black hole.

Thanks to all above!

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States

Dude, rest assured that if you buy it for $500 and then don't want it, you should be able to easily turn it over on here and make a nice little profit.

You should be able to test the vac motors very easily.

No-brainer if both vacs are ok.

Reactions: Cody G

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}

Nehemiahq

Jul 31, 2018
Edinburg, tx
Real Name
Nehemiah Quiroga
The guy ended up replying late but he had sold it the day before i was in the area. Would of loved to have it as a backup but hopefully this LTD12 works out well for now.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo