Found a bit of information that may interest you. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Found a bit of information that may interest you.

Apr 16, 2014
Real Name
Mark B
I have been hearing Hydroxyl machines are safer than ozone and they are good for occupied spaces. However I found this and just wanted to pass it on.

Hydroxyl radical[edit]
Main article: Hydroxyl radical
Hydroxyl radicals are highly reactive and undergo chemical reactions that make them short-lived. When biological systems are exposed to hydroxyl radicals, they can cause damage to cells, including those in humans, where they react with DNA, lipids, and proteins.

Have a nice day.

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
I have been hearing Hydroxyl machines are safer than ozone and they are good for occupied spaces. However I found this and just wanted to pass it on.

Hydroxyl radical[edit]
Main article: Hydroxyl radical
Hydroxyl radicals are highly reactive and undergo chemical reactions that make them short-lived. When biological systems are exposed to hydroxyl radicals, they can cause damage to cells, including those in humans, where they react with DNA, lipids, and proteins.

Have a nice day.
Can't stand the ozone machines I run into, I can't breath around them, and refuse to clean a hotel room when it's in there...I'll gladly come back though....

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
A little late to the parade here but I was just checking out these machines and saw this machine running in a shop recently. It was being used to remove smoke from a mattress. I asked the Guy if we should be in the shop with an ozone machine running with such a high output. He told me it was OK as it was a hydroxyl generator. When I started to get an irritation in my chest, I realised it was time for me to leave.
At least with an ozone machine, you know its dangerous and can take precautions.
I dont know if this article is fabricated or not but its made me think twice about getting one.
http://hydroxyltruths.com/UL Odorox Report with Cover Page.pdf