Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
BTW can you delete my boss filter review under the name ‘Stephen’ that I submitted yesterday? I want to add pictures on the review.
I don't see your review. Can you provide a screenshot?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hopefully there’s a good vaccine so things can get close to the way they were before. I think the reaction to Covid 19 was so drastic because 1) the virus unlike the seasonal flu was new so one knew what the effects were or how it spread and we still don’t know everything about it so it caught us off guard, 2) the U.S. govt. was slow to respond (cause of China and WHO minimizing it) and took a while to get decent testing for asymptomatic people and 3) it’s more contagious than SARS so more procedures had to be done to prevent against lots of people becoming infected and possibly making health care resources (ventilators, PPE) stretched thin.
I respect your view. Mine is very different. Nether of us are bad, we just see reality differently.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
We are a small business - literally, three to four people in the building. We don't have the staff available (nor the resources) to disinfect hard surface touch-points after every customer.

Meanwhile I go to my local grocery store and they've got a young woman doing nothing but wiping down carts before she gives you one. And another person taking "used" carts at the exit door and wiping them down as well.

If I were to apply the same protocols as the grocery store, literally HALF of my staff of four would be doing nothing but wiping. That leaves two people to answer calls, ship orders, receive items, stock shelves, fix hoses and wands, send out quotes, and do everything else.

Ain't happening.

As a result, we have closed our front office and are only doing shipping and will-call pickup in the back, because we don't have the manpower to be open 100% safely. We are keeping customers out of the building to prevent them from cross-contaminating each other (and us). It's the best environmental control option we have given our size.

Larger companies have the payroll to have larger staff; they have an HR department to address employee concerns; they have dedicated oversight that smaller businesses cannot afford to provide.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe

Brain cancer cure.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We are a small business - literally, three to four people in the building. We don't have the staff available (nor the resources) to disinfect hard surface touch-points after every customer.

Meanwhile I go to my local grocery store and they've got a young woman doing nothing but wiping down carts before she gives you one. And another person taking "used" carts at the exit door and wiping them down as well.

If I were to apply the same protocols as the grocery store, literally HALF of my staff of four would be doing nothing but wiping. That leaves two people to answer calls, ship orders, receive items, stock shelves, fix hoses and wands, send out quotes, and do everything else.

Ain't happening.

As a result, we have closed our front office and are only doing shipping and will-call pickup in the back, because we don't have the manpower to be open 100% safely. We are keeping customers out of the building to prevent them from cross-contaminating each other (and us). It's the best environmental control option we have given our size.

Larger companies have the payroll to have larger staff; they have an HR department to address employee concerns; they have dedicated oversight that smaller businesses cannot afford to provide.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What the sound of freedom sounds like.