Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Why is it Fortune 500 companies can remain open but small businesses can’t? What motivation is there for politicians to deem them as essential and capable of being safe but a small business can’t?

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
we don't have the millions to donate to their campaigns

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen Takacs
Business Location
United States
Large businesses may have more protocols in place to better identify/ test for Covid. Some small businesses may have shoddy procedures or just don’t factor in every precaution.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Large businesses may have more protocols in place to better identify/ test for Covid. Some small businesses may have shoddy procedures or just don’t factor in every precaution.
Then why not just issue protocols instead closing? Isn’t that bias?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
we don't have the millions to donate to their campaigns
True. Plus do you think the govt thinks that small companies won’t sue or take them to court vs big companies?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
True. Plus do you think the govt thinks that small companies won’t sue or take them to court vs big companies?
Yup, also if they went under the Gov would have to bail them out which seems to be the new norm... you know tax payers $ bailing out private companies with CEOs that make 250mil/ yr

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yup, also if they went under the Gov would have to bail them out which seems to be the new norm... you know tax payers $ bailing out private companies with CEOs that make 250mil/ yr
Good point.

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen Takacs
Business Location
United States
Then why not just issue protocols instead closing? Isn’t that bias?
Who would enforce them? Local governments are already at a restricted budget/ workforce. The police can issue warnings then fines after offenses, but they only can respond to so many safely.

Reactions: Mama Fen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Who would enforce them? Local governments are already at a restricted budget/ workforce. The police can issue warnings then fines after offenses, but they only can respond to so many safely.
I take it you’re one who approves of letting criminals out and putting hair dressers in jail?

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen Takacs
Business Location
United States
I take it you’re one who approves of letting criminals out and putting hair dressers in jail?
If the hairdresser (in NY) defies state lockdown orders then potentially infects dozens of customers for a couple hundred bucks, then yes fines/ other punishments should be given out.

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen Takacs
Business Location
United States
BTW can you delete my boss filter review under the name ‘Stephen’ that I submitted yesterday? I want to add pictures on the review.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If the hairdresser (in NY) defies state lockdown orders then potentially infects dozens of customers for a couple hundred bucks, then yes fines/ other punishments should be given out.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Deeming one company as safer due to size is bias in my eyes. And putting small business owners in jail is a violation of the Constitution while reeking of hypocrisy.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
BTW can you delete my boss filter review under the name ‘Stephen’ that I submitted yesterday? I want to add pictures on the review.
I don’t run the online store. I lack the skill set when it comes to coding and store back end work. I am thankful and blessed to have a son who is computer savvy. Feel free to email him @ support@truckmountforums.com and he will help you.

Reactions: 1Fastskeeter

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen Takacs
Business Location
United States
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Deeming one company as safer due to size is bias in my eyes. And putting small business owners in jail is a violation of the Constitution while reeking of hypocrisy.
I don’t think it’s a bias based on size, but on efficient protocols and resources to respond if there is a case. Example: stores/ fast food being able to ‘sanitize/ disinfect’ if a positive case is discovered. Small businesses may not test as frequently and may not report cases if discovered for fear of reprisal by govt./ customers. Government tries to base lockdown orders on need and what some people who may believe the virus is a complete hoax see as essential like hair solons, bars, dine-in restaurants, nails, or in some controversial case packed churches during a pandemic are not necessary or worth it to stay open until more is done to limit the spread better (vaccine) or minimize effects on people (health care). Just letting every business open because they complain a lot sets a bad precedent and could worsen progress that has been made.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I don’t think it’s a bias based on size, but on efficient protocols and resources to respond if there is a case. Example: stores/ fast food being able to ‘sanitize/ disinfect’ if a positive case is discovered. Small businesses may not test as frequently and may not report cases if discovered for fear of reprisal by govt./ customers. Government tries to base lockdown orders on need and what some people who may believe the virus is a complete hoax see as essential like hair solons, bars, dine-in restaurants, nails, or in some controversial case packed churches during a pandemic are not necessary or worth it to stay open until more is done to limit the spread better (vaccine) or minimize effects on people (health care). Just letting every business open because they complain a lot sets a bad precedent and could worsen progress that has been made.
I respect your view but disagree. Small business's many times are much more conscientious and less likely to break protocol. It is not a hoax, it is a flu. Just like the Swine, Bird and the Seasonal Flu.

There is already a flu vaccine yet 85,000 die a year. Do you believe a C-19 vaccine will save the day?

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen Takacs
Business Location
United States
Hopefully there’s a good vaccine so things can get close to the way they were before. I think the reaction to Covid 19 was so drastic because 1) the virus unlike the seasonal flu was new so one knew what the effects were or how it spread and we still don’t know everything about it so it caught us off guard, 2) the U.S. govt. was slow to respond (cause of China and WHO minimizing it) and took a while to get decent testing for asymptomatic people and 3) it’s more contagious than SARS so more procedures had to be done to prevent against lots of people becoming infected and possibly making health care resources (ventilators, PPE) stretched thin.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
A small business can change course in a short time, Really like large companies may not have shoddy procedures haha haha

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen Takacs
Business Location
United States
A small business can change course in a short time, Really like large companies may not have shoddy procedures haha haha
Large companies have COOs/ Chief operating officers which deal with the operations side of things so they can use their vast resources to work with advisors and better implement procedures while buying supplies that may be limited to the general public (sports leagues getting Covid tests for possibly asymptomatic people way before the general public).